Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8544 / Visits Today: 4447
Highest Active Users: 8544
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Another dream come true....

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/05/2011 : 19:42:53
It must be my month...and this time my good fortune is completely due to one of you!

Jon and I live about an hour apart, and have had an open offer to help one another snatch up local tidbits of Simple Tractor Treasure for some time now. Well, I owe him bigtime now...he gave me a tip and a contact that enabled me to round out my top two dream attachments!

So today is Thank You Jon Day at my house!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/07/2011 : 22:16:39
I don't know what it is, but I can tell you, I can't afford much more. When you have a loader and a weed cutter fall into your lap, you just make the arrangements, because it will likely be years again before I have the chance. My hope is to get my Big Ten done, get my 2110 running and relax a bit...play a bit, and then pick away at restoring some attachments.

It's tough, because I'm just going to scratch and scuff them again! =] But it does make for a nice photo-op. Might even try to make it over to Jon's show this summer, if the schedule works out, and my projects are show-worthy.

I've seen several tractors the past two weeks that I would have jumped on, but I'm getting worn out working on them, and finding them foster homes. I know of a guy with a great $100obo engine, and another dude looking for an offer on a 716H with grader, blower, 48" deck, cultivator and 42" snowblower, but a blown motor. I think for around $400 I could have those two paired up and running. Just have to say no...
freddie Posted - 04/07/2011 : 18:13:45
wooooow!!! man you are it a hot spot up there. seams like i need to go on a vacation up around there instead of going to six flags in chicago in june. congrats on the finds.
acdad Posted - 04/07/2011 : 15:55:40
Very nice!
larry8200 Posted - 04/07/2011 : 07:56:43
Congrats on the nice weed cutter score! Keep them coming. Tax liabilities are insuring nothing new but pictures here... :(
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/06/2011 : 21:26:13
From the sounds of it, you need to go...with cash. =]

He kept saying something about a Bumble Bee 10 with 'maybe 5 hours on it'....? No joke....and a sikle bar they cut 1 acre with since new. I beleive the guy too, his list of machines was impressive, and they seem to take real good care of their stuff. I was shocked they still had all the original manuals and maketing peices!

They are Simplicity people through and through!
1014211 Posted - 04/06/2011 : 21:07:12
I have met Alan once at my dad's office, but never been to his place. My dad is always trying to get me to go but I know I'll probably bring something home that I shouldn't have! :) So I've stayed away. For now.... :)
skunkhome Posted - 04/06/2011 : 19:59:07
I have just about had enough....I have to find something within 500 miles of home.
snohiker Posted - 04/06/2011 : 19:07:36
man you are scoring lately i was lucky to find mine as well the only thing on my wish list is a sickle bar some day good things come to those who wait right
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/06/2011 : 13:02:22
Sorry Mike...it sounds like the one. Quite the Simplicity/Allis family, too. He was great to talk to and listed all kinds of stuff they have, most of which wasn't at his place, but somewhere else. You are right though, they are reluctant to part with much. He let me in a some secrets about Jon, and all his nagging for tractor stuff! =]

I spent 20 miuntes just looking through his original brochures and catalogs. He had several, all in like new, orginal condition. They could probably open a museum!
simplelife Posted - 04/06/2011 : 11:51:39
Dang! That better not be the one I checked on last year! When Jon posted that he knew someone who had one like it, http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=3532&whichpage=2&SearchTerms=weed,cutter , I contacted the guy and he said he would check with either his mother or mother in law as it was hers. Tried to follow up with him but never heard back.

Oh well. Luck is on your side this year it seems!
acb10_64 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 22:04:18
Very nice! Congrats!
B-16_IC Posted - 04/05/2011 : 21:24:29
Color me jealous! Looks good, and with everything needed to hook it up. Well done!
1014211 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 20:51:30
That's funny Josh, I almost sent you PM this afternoon asking if you had picked it up yet! You will love it. Just keep all the curious eyes away from it when using it! And hands, feet, clothing... :) I have thrown stuff pretty far while using it. But it works very well for what it was designed for.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/05/2011 : 20:24:03
That first pic doesn't really do it justice, and considering it's being put to work this summer, I'm going to spiff it up a tad, and hold off on any kind of restoration plans. I think the sickle bar is next in line for a rebuild...

I am going to replace the bearings and wirebrush/coat the belly, but other than that, it has stuff to cut!

Michael, you always seem to have something I never knew you had! One of these days, when time allows, we might need to 'see' all that stuff you have...
B112 Posted - 04/05/2011 : 20:09:27
Good find! I have one to rebuild, got it at the right price considering it needs work.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1