Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5616 / Visits Today: 1519
Highest Active Users: 5616
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Plucked from Josh's Back Door

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simplelife Posted - 03/30/2011 : 16:58:39
Time will tell if I got pyrite or real gold. My one tiller is in need of new bearings badly and there is noticeable slop in the chain. Found one on E-Pay that says chain and bearings are good but needs tines. Figured I could take the tines off of mine and put them on this one cheaper than buying the Simplicity Bearings.

Josh, how far are you from Caledonia? Will be journeying up there sometime in the next week to pick this up and see what I actually bought!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=270724792526&si=LgcGt6ZFOmWPejB5aA1LjfHd3DE%253D&viewitem=
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/06/2011 : 14:44:48
I love it there...I do lots of hiking and hunting, and with the exception of this past winter, do lots of snowshoeing and snowmobiling as well. It's nice to have all those things so close to home! That area between the lake and Hastings is nearly all State Game Area, and Yankee Springs Rec area is snuggled in the middle...to the tune of 22,000 acres. It's a great ride, but FULL of deer at dusk.

About the time mushroom hunting ends, and the bugs get bad in the woods, we are on the lake 3-4 days out of the week. My Grandmother's place is just down the road, on the lake. Here's the only pic I have of her view, on my new phone. This is looking out her front yard and to the south. It takes me 3 shots to get the whole panoramic view! We can see about 1800 acres of water from her place...the lake is about 2700 acres total. This was our first boat of 2011...24 hours prior, 2 guys were sitting there on buckets puling perch as fast as they could rebait hooks!
simplelife Posted - 04/06/2011 : 13:33:20
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Lovely area, isn't it? =] It's 'brown' season now...

My wife and I were commenting that the area between you and Hastings was awesome with the rolling hills, wooded areas and little lakes everywhere. Looking forward to the "spring" trips up there. We used to bring the snowmobiles up to Yankee Springs for day trips.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/06/2011 : 12:52:30
It looks pretty darn nice! And you can't beat the price...

Lovely area, isn't it? =] It's 'brown' season now...be glad you're not making the trip today, cold with slush falling from the sky. Another couple weeks and the mushrooms will be poppin'!
simplelife Posted - 04/06/2011 : 12:13:03
Well, I picked up the tiller last night and am well pleased as the bearings show no slop whatsoever and the chain is good and tight with little to no slop from the pulley to the tine shaft.

Went right past Josh's but he was busy out stealing my weed cutter.

Here are some pics of it.

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 04/05/2011 : 12:43:29
Well, good luck...at least you get the dry day out of the week to do your shoppin! Looking at that tiller again, I think you did very well. I know where there's a PTO for it, but can't free it from the tractor...kinda like a sword in the stone type of deal =]

I gave it all I had...chemicals, heat, hammer...nothing would free it from the lift shaft. All the others I have encountered slid right off.

We're right off the NW corner of the lake. If you happen to take exit 61, we're wihtin sight of the gas station/McDonald's you hit at the second 4-way. I'll be traveling for some shopping myself, tonite. Taking advantage of that weather...
simplelife Posted - 04/05/2011 : 09:40:04
Well, if all works out right, I will find out this evening what I bought. Wife wanted to go along, not sure if she wanted to stop at Gun Lake or just make sure I didn't load anything else, so it will probably be a quick trip. 2 hrs each way. Turns out it is at his son's house which is 2 miles south of Middleville.
1014211 Posted - 03/30/2011 : 18:43:56
I'm about an hour from there. I saw that Squire and was very close to putting a bid on it! Gotta keep the ones I have now running though......
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/30/2011 : 18:03:03
I'm 10 minutes outside of Caledonia...be happy to help if I can, in any way. Cheap buy! That guy has random stuff liek that pop up from time to time. I missed a Squire he sold for $127 a few months back. Nice work!
skunkhome Posted - 03/30/2011 : 17:26:34
Pyrite or not how could you go wrong with that.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1