Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2960 / Visits Today: 2960
Highest Active Users: 2960
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 What model is it, and what's it worth? (Generator)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/24/2011 : 09:37:10
Locally found Simplicity Generator...I talked to the guy and it's on the rear hitch mounting bracket, and works fine. He says no dents, scratches, etc, but was unsure over the phone on the model and watts. Thought it would be a nice conversation piece here, since I thought his price was high and I'm not considering a purchase at this point.

Anybody have any info on this one? What would it be worth, to you guys if you found a nice one? Gotta figure that for me, this wouldn't really see much use, and is 'neat' more than anything else. I have a portable generator that suits my 'needs'. I've just never found one for sale, especially so close (half hour drive).
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cvans Posted - 03/25/2011 : 14:42:26
I can't imagine someone putting a 220V outlet on a 1500W generator.

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 12:55:34
I'm glad we figured it out...I never noticed that before about the generators. The early, 1500w models must ahve been geared toward teh 725/101's.

I was told the dual, RH pulley off the BGB was a rarer peice. Anyone find this to be true? I've had two tractors with it, and only kept one pulley.
tractorjoe Posted - 03/25/2011 : 12:53:45
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Yeah...it's definitely the newer, 5000w model. The 1500w version runs off the right side of the BGB, similar to the early leaf vac's. This one runs off the left, like a tiller. Man I'm tempted...I may be making a another phone call. Never hurts to ask, right? He sounded pretty firm the first time I talked to him. He is a frequent CL Simplicity seller in my area.

Thanks. I was curious.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 12:10:03
Yeah...it's definitely the newer, 5000w model. The 1500w version runs off the right side of the BGB, similar to the early leaf vac's. This one runs off the left, like a tiller. Man I'm tempted...I may be making a another phone call. Never hurts to ask, right? He sounded pretty firm the first time I talked to him. He is a frequent CL Simplicity seller in my area.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 10:38:01
Just was lookin at the outlet configuration...Ill have to look again. Didnt think the 1500w had the higher voltage option...
tractorjoe Posted - 03/25/2011 : 10:11:18
I have a question.
How can you tell that it is the 5000 watt unit he posted, and not the 1500 watt unit that I linked to?

It looks identical, size and everything, except for the logo.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 09:48:21
I've had very good fortune, as far as tractors go, as of late, and still have my fingers crossed on something else I would love to add to my stable. Two attachments tie for #1 in my mind, and I'm waiting for the Tractor Fairy to open the door for the 2nd of those two...Old Dominion left St louis with the 1st one this morning, aimed for the Great Lake State!

My 'budget' was intended to fuel a Big Ten restoration, and so far, it has been depleted on other opportunities...
1014211 Posted - 03/25/2011 : 07:04:42
The only time I would probably use it is if I needed electricity out in our woods, or in the yard where there is no power. My 8000 watt generator is portable but very heavy and awkward to move. So it sits in the storage unit by the house. So it would be neat to use then, but other than that it would be a nice piece to have. You got some thinkin' to do Josh!! :)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/24/2011 : 20:38:07
Oh boy, thats our girl! Thanks Mack! So we have a 5000 watt unit with both voltage outputs...hmmm...
Mack Posted - 03/24/2011 : 20:19:07

Richard L. Posted - 03/24/2011 : 18:09:20
I don't know that much about them but what can it do. I mean has it got 220 capabilities or is it more 1 duplex plug to run a refrigerator or...I had one given to me years ago (not Simplicity but a generic one) and sold it when I moved out here. I remember it had a screw in place for a light bulb and maybe 1 or 2 duplex plugs. That thing must have weighed 200 lbs., granted it was old as the hills but looked like a decent one. With all the things happening for the 2k scare there were more of those things around than you could count. Now not so much. Fortunately since we've lived here our all electric house has only had 1 power outage for about 3 hours but I can only imagine that will be famous last words one of these days.
tractorjoe Posted - 03/24/2011 : 17:57:35
I can see it now.
It's this
http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=34&SearchTerms=generator,attachment

and that price sounds about right.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/24/2011 : 17:30:47
That's kinda what I was figuring...$200 and I'm in. $400 is just too much for a showpiece...
Richard L. Posted - 03/24/2011 : 17:18:18
I've seen them advertised for $500 and wouldn't go near that price. Maybe $150 or $200 for me to get interested.
tractorjoe Posted - 03/24/2011 : 16:01:37
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I thought the one pictured looked liek a newer model than those in the links. I've never seen one that looked quite like it. I'm tempted to make an offer, but have too many irons in the fire...

Oh.
I can't see any picture at all.
If it is from photobucket or somewhere, then it is blocked from here.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1