Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8908 / Visits Today: 3709
Highest Active Users: 8908
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 No more traveling for tractors...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/18/2011 : 20:57:38
I've got too much going! So...I bumped into a 2012 on my way home from work...no less than 3 miles from my house. I looked it over, and made a deal.

They guy had plans, so I'm picking it up in the morning. Pics to come! She's a 2012 with headlights and light bar, dual lift, stinger and extra doughnut weight, wheel weights and chains, Tiller PTO and 42" dozer.

AND...I'm told he has my front counter weight in the garage!!! I've been begging for one everywhere I know, and found one down the street...I'm thrilled, and nervous because it's not on the infamous trailer yet...more to come.
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cschmidt62 Posted - 03/30/2011 : 13:03:31
I use the thirty inch rows for most all of my crops, I use a rear tine tiller to cultivate after the vegitables are up so most all walk behind tillers will fit between the rows. If you are using the cultivator to weed most all of them are designed to staddle the row. If you look at the one Phil had posted a picture of there is not a shank in the middle of the cultivator so yo can straddle the plants.
The cultivator should be set fairly shallow so you are not disturbing the ground too deep. The purpose is just to remove the weeds without disturbing the plants.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/30/2011 : 12:51:20
With any luck I'll be using a tractor in the garden and another tractor for the lawn, and don't have a tractor that will hold a 48" deck anyway. Will a tractor even fit between 30" rows? I don't know that I'll use the tiller after planting, but do plan to use my cultivator and the loose soil will be behind me...

Come to think of it, I really don't know what I'm going to do at all. I'm just looking for excuses to use my stuff! =]

The garden will be mostly beans, tomatoes & peppers...stuff I use. I have a neighbor who's the corn guy, and we get more than I can use from him anyway.
cschmidt62 Posted - 03/30/2011 : 08:47:09
I agree that the duel lift levers would be great but I see a couple of flaws in your thinking. I have been gardening most all of my life
and have enjoyed the use of GTs the last 15 or 20 years. First in my expereance using the tiller it works up sush a soft seed bed that I think your mower deck would drag and hang your tractor up in the dirt. Second spacing your rows to allow the mower deck to go through
would require 48-50 inch rows. I use 30 inch rows in my garden. Wide row spacing in crops such as corn decrease yeild because they wont pollinate as well. Another benifit of closer rows is crops will canopy and drown out weeds because the wont have the sunlight to grow. Just my opinion...
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/29/2011 : 06:12:02
They are slick...plus, since I have a lame hydrolift right now, I can still use center and front mounted attachments. Right now I have dirt & sod to move since opening up the ground, and no time to waste while I pull that hydro lift out for repair.

The mounting location does not interfere with the standard lift that is in place, so you can still use your LH or Hydro lift for front and center mounted attachments, or use counterweights. When you need a second attachment, simply hook it up to the RH lift, and away you go. I can run the tiller with a front counterweight, and mount up the center grader for moving dirt around. With a new garden, I am looking to evenout the high/low spots, and this method looks like it will work well.
CRANEMAN Posted - 03/28/2011 : 21:40:26
Hmmm, I need one of those dual lifts for my B-112. I was wondering if they made that, as I have a roto-tiller and a mower deck, but only one lift arm.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 20:57:14
I'll give you some space...can't wait!! =]
B-16_IC Posted - 03/25/2011 : 20:47:39
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

Well??? It's Friday! We need some auction updates!

Yes sir, I'll start a new thread for that one. I done good, hope for more of the same tomorrow.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/25/2011 : 18:44:09
Well??? It's Friday! We need some auction updates!
B-16_IC Posted - 03/20/2011 : 22:43:05
quote:
Originally posted by oldsarge

quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

That is one clean machine! I have always thought I would like a right hand lift, but then that would negate my need for multiple tractors! I haven't brought home anything new since January, I'm getting awfull itchy! Maybe the AC dealership auction I'm going to Friday and Saturday will give me a fix!

WHAT?What? Where?

http://www.michaelstractors.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=4838
oldsarge Posted - 03/20/2011 : 14:07:20
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

That is one clean machine! I have always thought I would like a right hand lift, but then that would negate my need for multiple tractors! I haven't brought home anything new since January, I'm getting awfull itchy! Maybe the AC dealership auction I'm going to Friday and Saturday will give me a fix!

WHAT?What? Where?
B-16_IC Posted - 03/20/2011 : 10:10:35
freddie Posted - 03/20/2011 : 09:44:28
good job josh, i see fdt up your way all the time. congrats a fine tractor. luck of the irish is on your side.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/20/2011 : 05:35:43
Phil, I thought it was intersting to see that the PO had the dozer hooked to the right hand liftlever, and had stingers on the back. I connected the lift rod to the standard lift mechanism, and that stinger with the doughnut weight makes the dozer one-finger light on the lift lever. It is perfectly balanced, but the PO wasn't using it that way!

My intentions for the right hand lever are as Mike described....it would be nice to leave the mower deck on, and still hook the tiller or culitvator on for a run through the garden. I'm not a garden expert, but my plan is to have enough room between rows so that I can buzz through there and roll over any weeds.

In all honesty though...I just want more 'options' to make a tractor cool! =] (I actually have two right hand lifts now...)
simplelife Posted - 03/20/2011 : 04:14:48
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

I need some luck here too. Haven't got a tractor in close to a year. No mention of the right hand lift?? Oh yeah, I see it now, dual lift. What's it's use? Never seen one, only pictures.

you can lift front and rear implements independently. Not sure how a stinger weight helps with the right hand lift, though .

Actually the right hand lift has a plate that mounts on the inside so you can also operate the center lift independently of the front and rear or you can place the front lift rod on the right lift handle and operate the front independently of the rear. You can leave your deck on and still mount and use a front or rear attachment, or mount a center grader blade and front grader blade or rear tiller for the best of both worlds.

skunkhome Posted - 03/19/2011 : 21:55:37
quote:
Originally posted by Richard L.

I need some luck here too. Haven't got a tractor in close to a year. No mention of the right hand lift?? Oh yeah, I see it now, dual lift. What's it's use? Never seen one, only pictures.

you can lift front and rear implements independently. Not sure how a stinger weight helps with the right hand lift, though .

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1