Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1597 / Visits Today: 1597
Highest Active Users: 1597
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Weedcutter pics

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1014211 Posted - 02/28/2011 : 17:32:59
In case anyone needs to be talked in to getting the weedcutter for sale in another post, here are some pics of mine from last summer. It is a cool attachment.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1014211 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 14:57:43
You definitely need one, it is great at cutting trails. Leaves the grass about 4 inches or so, which is perfect for that. But then if you need it shorter that is much more manageable for the mower. Hope you can make a deal on the one, if not we'll figure out a weekend for you to come get me and the tractor with your new trailer and we'll go up and get the first cut out of the way! :) I love northern michigan!
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/01/2011 : 13:15:20
Right up my alley! That field looks a lot like what we cut at camp, and it takes a lot of mojo for the 42" mower to get through. It likes to clog up...takes a while, but does get it done.

We ran the golf cart with the gps last year, and our trails run just over a mile. I double cut, and do a lot of backing up to clear the chute...so, call it 2+ miles of cutting? Takes me all day on the B110...thats just too much of a workout for the mower.
1014211 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 12:54:47
And yes, I should have been wearing safety goggles.....
1014211 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 12:51:43
Here are a couple pics of me using it. Has no problem going through tall thin grass, or thick brush. I have accidentally cut through saplings at least 1.5 inches. Shakes you pretty good and makes god-awful noises, but it goes through it. In the top pic the finish cut in the foreground is not from the weedcutter, I was cutting down more grass at the steam show grounds. And the bottom pic is the trail I cut, it is perfect for that, even the grass was taller than me when sitting on the tractor...And sorry for my ugly mug in the top shot!

Insert Image:

Insert Image:
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/01/2011 : 11:19:51
If Im ever fortinate enough, I will throw it on the 101 (115!), and give it a go with the extra ponies...I can only imagine how it would cut!
1014211 Posted - 03/01/2011 : 07:58:03
I would love to see it on my 7016, I have had my 2110 under quite a load with some of the heavy stuff this cutter can go through. Having the extra oomph of the 16 horse Briggs would be impressive. I need to get the belts replaced and the blades sharpened before use this summer. Simplicity does not sell the blades anymore so luckily mine still have alot of life left. They don't list the belts either, but replacements are made by others. Mine is still in great balance, with those 4 blades spinning I can't even feel vibration at full throttle, which is also a little scary as you do have to pay a ton of attention. Don't walk around the front, you can't even see the blades spinning.... If no one else does maybe I'll try to do a video this spring. I stink at that though..
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 03/01/2011 : 07:48:24
That is remarkable...you could always have cash in hand too...TODAY! =]
Count Macula Posted - 03/01/2011 : 07:40:34
I was given one, on a pallet, never assembled by the woman who gave me my 620, either I will retrofit a bracket for the 620 or find a suitable machine for it, which ever happens first.
larry8200 Posted - 02/28/2011 : 22:34:21
You know I'm drooling, where's the other post? If you want to come to NH I'll give you an awsome offer for your weedcutter.
1014211 Posted - 02/28/2011 : 19:31:11
And I had to go to Wisconsin to get it! Totally worth it though, since I stopped by Port Washington to see the old Simplicity plant where all my tractors were made and ven got inside the building. That was a fun trip.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/28/2011 : 19:11:39
Jon, I was talkin about buying yours! You have the only one I've ever seen in MI!

=]
tractorjoe Posted - 02/28/2011 : 19:08:23
still awesome.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1