Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8021 / Visits Today: 3924
Highest Active Users: 8021
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Sovereign's Jealous (again)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 02/19/2011 : 19:45:21
All the new "toy's" I acquired last year sometimes distract me from the King of the hill.

My Dad bought this new in 75 when I was 14, and gave it to me whan I bought my home in 91. I've run it at least weekly the whole time, and until this last year this Sovereign has done it all, all by it's self. Can't say more than that.

I used to think all mower decks had rollers....

Pictures August 2010

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry8200 Posted - 03/06/2011 : 18:25:32
quote:
Originally posted by B10Dave

Larry; Is the owner in half as good a condition as the tractor? LOL. Dave

I still laugh, and have a great sense of humor. The Sovereign has 4,000 plus hours and has had some real help. I turn 50 April 15 and feel about the same, (about having some real help).

This recent picture is at the site of my customer who causes me about as much stress as anyone, my brother...

B10Dave Posted - 03/06/2011 : 17:10:56
Larry; Is the owner in half as good a condition as the tractor? LOL. Dave
skunkhome Posted - 03/01/2011 : 19:44:08
Larry I had the same problem with Sweet Allis when I picked up that G5200 Kubota. It was by far a lot more fun to drive with its foot controlled hydro and extremely "torguey" diesel engine. But it had a crummy mower that scalped badly and no rear lift. I used it for several months as a tow motor before letting it go. Allis was happy at least.

3414HDuval Posted - 03/01/2011 : 19:02:36
These 3400 series tractors are deffinatly my favorite model! i only wish mine had something other than manual lift!
larry8200 Posted - 02/20/2011 : 09:14:47
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I know next to nothing about the hydro's, but want one in the worst way. I knew folks had preferrences between one hydro vs another, but the aux option is news to me. I could have all kinds of fun tinkering with hydro add-on's. Can you say hydro dozer blade angle? Maybe a hydrolic remote hood lift? How much auxillary use do those units allow?

I guess about anything except a woodsplitter, and they don't have the flow rate (Gal./min.) that a dedicated pump has, so things work slower.
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/20/2011 : 08:33:25
I know next to nothing about the hydro's, but want one in the worst way. I knew folks had preferrences between one hydro vs another, but the aux option is news to me. I could have all kinds of fun tinkering with hydro add-on's. Can you say hydro dozer blade angle? Maybe a hydrolic remote hood lift? How much auxillary use do those units allow?
larry8200 Posted - 02/20/2011 : 00:03:41
quote:
Originally posted by Talntedmrgreen

I love that rig...simply beautiful!

Can I ask how your lift works? (not the winch, the actual lift) I'm not real familiar with the RBT's, but I dont see a powerlift lever or a manual lever...very curious.

Also, I recently discovered that we are related, distantly, but related none-the-less. I don't want to come off wrong, but I would like to make sure I'm mentioned in the Will. =]

You know exactly what it is you should leave to me...

Thank you all, it's a satisfying obsession...

It has an electric lift. I don't know why. The Vickers Hydrostatic drive has more than twice the auxillary capacity of the later Sundstrand hydro, and the Vickers all had full size auxillary ports, compared to the Sundstrands 1/4" ports, on "ported tranny's" only.

I do know why actually, despite it's rep for leaking pintles, (un-deserved) The Vickers Hydrostatic drive is probably the finest hydro ever built, with a corresponding price tag.

In reference to my will, I am divorced with no children or hiers, and most interested in tha connection you've made.

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 02/19/2011 : 22:53:18
I love that rig...simply beautiful!

Can I ask how your lift works? (not the winch, the actual lift) I'm not real familiar with the RBT's, but I dont see a powerlift lever or a manual lever...very curious.

Also, I recently discovered that we are related, distantly, but related none-the-less. I don't want to come off wrong, but I would like to make sure I'm mentioned in the Will. =]

You know exactly what it is you should leave to me...

larry8200 Posted - 02/19/2011 : 21:57:35
The winch is not factory. I pull a lot, and when I'm approaching the "abuse" line, I have a chain that's up to the task.

I'll do a post on the winch. I have some new thoughts I think are worth sharing.

ASEguy: I'll get you the specs for a Big 10 headlight which should be the same as your 110

1014211 Posted - 02/19/2011 : 20:26:32
Winch wasn't a factory option, but it was a stroke of genius. I have one on an ATV but would be much more functional with the weight of a Sovereign behind it....
ASEguy Posted - 02/19/2011 : 20:12:41
Nice looking tractor Larry. I love the idea of a winch in the back. Pardon my lack of knowledge, but is it factory? Two other questions. Do you know what is the diameter of the headlights on the B-110 are? I'm down to the engine which didn't smoke when it briefly ran this past fall. Do you guy's think I should consider a re-ring? What have you guy's done? After all the engines don't last forever do they? Thanks. Gerard
1014211 Posted - 02/19/2011 : 20:09:39
Nice. Thats a good example of the breed there. Been taken good care of. These machines, as long as properly maintained, well stand alot of abuse and hard work. Of course, that is a fine line between hard work and abuse.... :)

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1