Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 6234 / Visits Today: 4594
Highest Active Users: 6234
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Started working on the 7790(tires/wheels)

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
thepatriot Posted - 09/04/2010 : 16:05:38
I pulled the front wheels off(bearings like new!).Last week i met a GREAT sandblaster man who works fast and cheap!He did the front wheels for $5-each.I primed and painted them,just gonna let them cure for a few days.After these are back on i'll be doing the rear.I think once i preasure wash it and get the new rubber on sh'll be looking good for the year .I'm still up in the air about turfs/AG's(all around)???

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gray Posted - 09/05/2010 : 14:35:08
Nobody talks about this much; but I pulled my front wheels and simply inspected bearings and regreased. But i realized that this is not like changing car tires; cos the bearings always get pulled when the wheels get pulled. My first time through this was a lot of fun. But this can be a good thing in terms of maintaining bearings.

On the question of turf or AG tires, it might be useful to assess your own lawn. A fine lawn requires turf tires to spread the load of the tractor's weight - purpose is to reduce or minimize soil compaction. On a rougher lawn, this might not be as important; OR, if one has an aerator, esp. a plug-core aerator, one can ignore compaction and offset it by aerating. Compaction is the enemy of a fine lawn. There's also a minor consideration for AG tires tearing the grass up slightly, or worse. Perhaps that might help the decision; although it is also complicated by use of wheel weights, etc. But overall, one could almost ignore the compaction effects with an aerator. Hope this helps a little. This approach would be unacceptable on a golf course; but one's own lawn is not ultimately subject to endless scrutiny.
thepatriot Posted - 09/04/2010 : 20:53:45
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

Like a woman, a tractor cant have too many shoes.

I guess youre right!
ATF Posted - 09/04/2010 : 20:46:36
Like a woman, a tractor cant have too many shoes.
thepatriot Posted - 09/04/2010 : 18:47:31
I'm not sure what it's duty will be yet???If i get turf's i'll get the same tires it had.I have some new AG's front/rear.I may just have a set of both,i think that's a good idea!Also i have another set of correct front wheels,and some rears too not sure if they're the same width?What to do,what to do
ATF Posted - 09/04/2010 : 18:21:35
Your not limited to just those two choices, Diamond stud all the way around, ATV tires from mild to aggressive os also another choice. You really need to figure out what your going to do with this tractor, Is it going to be a winter tractor, summer tractor or both. if it's to be both, you really need to think about two sets of tires OR using aggressive turf tires and fluid filling, wheel weights, and chains. Nice job

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1