Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5422 / Visits Today: 3782
Highest Active Users: 5422
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 7112H is Striping.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:07:07
$300, 3 Long days, $150/parts - Battery, Drive belt, PTO belt, Fuel filter, Spark plug, Fluids.

Deck is ugly but solid, arbors are all tight and quiet. Came with 2 spare deck belts and no PTO belt

Still a few issues, missing deck adjustor (made a temp), Seems oil is leaking around breather tube (haven't looked yet), and something very strange. No, not me. Later on that

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gray Posted - 09/03/2010 : 20:16:15
quote:
Originally posted by larry8200

quote:
Originally posted by Gray

Well, that's working.

Is that the original blades, or new blades?

Do you do squares or diamonds also? I love those. You get interesting mixtures of the dark and light effects. Also prevents "grain" forming which happens with same directions all the time.

Another interesting thing is minimizing the overlap - it seems I am always studying how my deck actually performss, how it actually does what it does. I find the 2 sides require different minimal overlap - cos one side sucks air in, and discharge side blows air out - and the grass "leans" in the breeze. Drives me crazy, minimizing overlap, and avoiding "mohawks".

One time, at a golf course, I mowed a green, and mohawked the whole thing - had a nice chat with the superintendent about that one - recut this green and get it right - embarrassing, oops. Talk about infuriating golfers. (super fast green with little barriers all over it. oops)

Did you do a deck levelling also - probably you did, if you fixed the adjustor thingy.

The blades are the ones that came with it, They are narrower rhan my others but they are the right length and fit. Had to grind about a quarter inch off to get them sharp.

I like squares and diamonds, but I usually stripe straight, then 45 degrees left, then 45 degres right etc. I try to vary my patterns as much as possible. I only mow the big circle when I'm in a hurry.

I vary my overlap from 0 to 12 inches. I like 0, then my tires never run over the same place, always used to drive my right wheel down the former track left by the left.

I levelled the deck from side to side, more or less. The right side adjustor is froze, and I fixed the left side in place to match it. The front needs to be raised, it is level with the back. One nice thing, and if the deck is a little off it doesn't show.

I only put the deck on to find if the arbors are OK, Now I know they are, I'll give it a good overhaul. With the near mint 48" deck on my Sovreign, it's not a high priority. This Landlord is going to become a dirt machine.

As an amature golfer I'm sure they loved the mohawked greens. Did I tell you I broke 70 for the first time? Then I went on to the second hole....

You know, I never thought about what you said here:
quote = "about mowing back and forth is the left overlaps the left, right the right" /quote.
Now I have to study if the two sides are the same, or different, in terms of the pattern edges being a clean cut, or a shaggy mess. I can't believe I never thought of this - not sure if there's any difference - but maybe. That discharge side wreaks havoc due to the exiting air flow. My Pacer is only a 34" deck; so minimizing the overlap matters. The discharge breeze lays the grass down and away from the blades. It's easier to mow a golf green once you know where the edges are - reel mowers - all spin, no breeze.

Anyway, I forgot to say you do nice straight lines. Or else you make good corrections . It's all about constant correction. And "bananas" are out.

I am too far away from golf. Got no swing anymore. It would come back; with a few weeks on the driving range. Sad; it just got good, and then I stopped. Sold the clubs. It's a long way back. It was great playing for free - that was half the reason for working golf course - and the course was manicured, exclusive, private. My fav thing was "fall golf" on an unfamiliar scenic course, with fall colours, and a nice mild sunny day. Lose lots of balls in the leaves. Throw the scorecard away. Just play and do the dream.

larry8200 Posted - 09/03/2010 : 13:21:41
quote:
Originally posted by Gray

Well, that's working.

Do you do squares or diamonds also? I love those. You get interesting mixtures of the dark and light effects. Also prevents "grain" forming which happens with same directions all the time.

Another interesting thing is minimizing the overlap - it seems I am always studying how my deck actually performss, how it actually does what it does. I find the 2 sides require different minimal overlap - cos one side sucks air in, and discharge side blows air out - and the grass "leans" in the breeze. Drives me crazy, minimizing overlap, and avoiding "mohawks".

One time, at a golf course, I mowed a green, and mohawked the whole thing - had a nice chat with the superintendent about that one - recut this green and get it right - embarrassing, oops. Talk about infuriating golfers. (super fast green with little barriers all over it. oops)

Did you do a deck levelling also - probably you did, if you fixed the adjustor thingy.

The blades are the ones that came with it, They are narrower rhan my others but they are the right length and fit. Had to grind about a quarter inch off to get them sharp.

I like squares and diamonds, but I usually stripe straight, then 45 degrees left, then 45 degres right etc. I try to vary my patterns as much as possible. I only mow the big circle when I'm in a hurry.

I vary my overlap from 0 to 12 inches. I like 0, then my tires never run over the same place, always used to drive my right wheel down the former track left by the left.

I levelled the deck from side to side, more or less. The right side adjustor is froze, and I fixed the left side in place to match it. The front needs to be raised, it is level with the back. One nice thing about mowing back and forth is the left overlaps the left, right the right, and if the deck is a little off it doesn't show.

I only put the deck on to find if the arbors are OK, Now I know they are, I'll give it a good overhaul. With the near mint 48" deck on my Sovreign, it's not a high priority. This Landlord is going to become a dirt machine.

As an amature golfer I'm sure they loved the mohawked greens. Did I tell you I broke 70 for the first time? Then I went on to the second hole....

Gray Posted - 09/03/2010 : 12:56:10
Well, that's working.

freddie Posted - 09/02/2010 : 21:36:57
NICE
1014211 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:50:08
My yard is fun to stripe with my hills and uneven terrain.

cwm1276 Posted - 09/02/2010 : 18:26:47
How high is the deck?

While wierd the only time I have adjusted mine is to move the rear rod that goes across deck and almost over the screws that hold the belt covers on. I have mine cranked up to get the deck as high as possible.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1