Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2855 / Visits Today: 1215
Highest Active Users: 2855
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 7016 New Lights

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ATF Posted - 08/30/2010 : 07:53:29
I had a set of LED lights sitting around so I installed them on the Simplicity, the front lights weren't working, but it was just a loose connection. I am going to add a set of lights on the side of the hood like the older tractors for extra light when working at night or during snow storm

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 09/01/2010 : 19:15:40
The rear lights are new LED with about nine little lights in them, 3.00 at my local trailer supply, those front light are actually my old lights, and while they look bright they ain't, they're as dim as a Rob Schneider.
Gray Posted - 08/31/2010 : 19:32:21
Didn't ATF say LED for $3.00?

ATF are those actual headlights or marker lights?

I was looking at some LED marker/trailer lights that have 30 LED's in them; and I wondered if they work as a simple headlight. I don't do much nightwork; but I came in late the other night, and I thought any little glow would help navigate the trails in my forest. So I thought 30 little glows might be ok for all I need. These markers were almost the same size as my 716's lights. I don't know, might be a bad idea.
larry8200 Posted - 08/31/2010 : 10:53:18
So I am told, but in the $100 plus a piece range.
skunkhome Posted - 08/31/2010 : 09:12:46
LeD's? I have flashlights with LED's that are bright as the sun but they don't cast a usable beam more than a couple of feet. Is there something new out there in LED that is suitable as a headlight?
larry8200 Posted - 08/31/2010 : 07:38:16
LED's draw so little current for the light produced it's amazing. Not real cheap yet though.
ATF Posted - 08/31/2010 : 07:27:51
Something to think about: The S/G on the Briggs puts out 15 amps or 180 watts. Not a lot but enough. Most of the integrated alternators only put out 5 amps or 60 watts, plenty for LED's but not enough for my pair of sealed beams drawing 55 watts each.

Thanks Larry, the lights I'm looking at are LED I think they'll be fine without adding more
larry8200 Posted - 08/30/2010 : 23:51:05
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

You can do what Larry did with his. Harbor Freight has headlamps with brackets dirt cheap but what I think would be cool is some kind of detachable "light/brush bar" .

I'd like a detachable light system, can you tell more about the "light/brush bar" ? My lights are OK but they get knocked around a lot by branches etc. They also need a tapered block under tha base to make them level. Not a big deal but I've never gotten around to it. Maybe tomorrow....

Something to think about: The S/G on the Briggs puts out 15 amps or 180 watts. Not a lot but enough. Most of the integrated alternators only put out 5 amps or 60 watts, plenty for LED's but not enough for my pair of sealed beams drawing 55 watts each.
ATF Posted - 08/30/2010 : 22:36:41
I saw some halogen lights at harbor freight for 12.99 and they are almost the same size as the OEM's
skunkhome Posted - 08/30/2010 : 21:52:33
You can do what Larry did with his. Harbor Freight has headlamps with brackets dirt cheap but what I think would be cool is some kind of detachable "light/brush bar" .
ATF Posted - 08/30/2010 : 21:24:10
No I got those from my trailer supply store, 3.00 for the set of LED lights, any advice about mounting lights on the side of the hood, I'm still looking for halogens to replace the originals
skunkhome Posted - 08/30/2010 : 08:43:35
Now all you need is a bobble head on the dash. So those are the OEM lights but have just been rewired? Looks good.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1