Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4398 / Visits Today: 2758
Highest Active Users: 4398
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 NEED REAR PTO

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
3414HDuval Posted - 08/10/2010 : 13:41:57
i got a rototiller for my 3414h
but im missing the rear that runs the tiller
anyone have one?
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 09/02/2010 : 07:57:38
I have a frozen up (rusted) PTO that has the 10" pulley and clutch lever. I checked it out last night and I do in fact have enough clearance to mount it on my 3414s; something I assumed (was told) was not possible. On the other hand there is zero clearance on my B112. This certainly merits further investigation.
Gray Posted - 09/02/2010 : 02:22:56
Here's a link to a thread I started on another forum shortly after I bought my tractor. I knew almost nothing when this thread developed (that will be evident). But the main thing is it shows the actual Simplicity hardware, has explanations, and a ton of excellent pix with labels, etc. It's almost like a course on the tiller setup. There may be some minor variations with specific tillers and/or lift mechanisms - but not much. With the other info here already, this will help.

There is also some info from another poster who basically hakked the setup; but you can see in one pix where he has the belt contacting the seat pan, like Phil has been emphasizing.

The poster to follow is "arathol" - he presents accurate information, with great attention to detail and pix. It's a long thread. and I think this is a good thread; and it might help people here. "arathol" continues after pulltilbroke demos his tractor and tiller. So, don't quit reading too soon - read the whole thing - the end section is perhaps the info that this thread is looking for. This might yield the possibility of either using SIMP hardware, or fabbing your own; but all those weird pulleys are described, illustrated, and illuminated.

Enjoy.

And enjoy me, the inquisitive nooby - things have not changed much really.

Price for a Tiller:
http://www.mytractorforum.com/showthread.php?t=131853&highlight=Price+of+a+tiller

Here ya go.
freddie Posted - 09/01/2010 : 17:54:04
i think your right. a pic is worth a 1000 words. i thought a vid would be worth more.
skunkhome Posted - 09/01/2010 : 16:37:21
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

the video i posted is the pto you need to run the tiller.

your video is great...just not sure people noticed the critical part to make it work with a RBT.
freddie Posted - 09/01/2010 : 15:27:28
the video i posted is the pto you need to run the tiller.
skunkhome Posted - 09/01/2010 : 13:12:00
What ever you use there is a critical component that is needed to allow the drive belt to clear the fender deck on the RBT's . That is part AT on Mikes diagram above. "x" marks the part

freddie Posted - 08/29/2010 : 09:44:04
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HoIhjqUTMQ&feature=player_embedded
3414HDuval Posted - 08/13/2010 : 11:16:38
i knew that was a center pulley groupe, i just want to know if anyone has a REAR pto
ATF Posted - 08/12/2010 : 21:49:17
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

Center pulleys are not used for the tiller drive, but for center and forward mounted power attachments.

The tiller drive belt runs from the cone clutch towards the back and through the idler and tensioner pulleys that mount on the shaft of the top link of your rear lift group then on to the tiller pulley.

Thanks, That's all I needed was a picture, lol. Makes sense to me now, I think. hehe.
simplelife Posted - 08/12/2010 : 20:50:52
Center pulleys are not used for the tiller drive, but for center and forward mounted power attachments.

The tiller drive belt runs from the cone clutch towards the back and through the idler and tensioner pulleys that mount on the shaft of the top link of your rear lift group then on to the tiller pulley.
skunkhome Posted - 08/12/2010 : 20:22:58
quote:
Originally posted by 3414HDuval

now im all confused,

looks like I've done my job!
3414HDuval Posted - 08/12/2010 : 19:54:58
now im all confused,
skunkhome Posted - 08/12/2010 : 19:14:32
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

What's the center PTO pulley set for?. Doesn't one of the pulleys hook to the shaft that is part of the lift, then a belt goes from there to the tiller drive group?

it is the pulleys that the power is transferred through to power any of the the belly mounted implements such as rotary mower, sickle bar mower and also the snow blower. If the 900 series is like the 700 series the tiller is powered of the outboard (SMALL) pulley on the PTO clutch assembly.
ATF Posted - 08/12/2010 : 18:51:00
What's the center PTO pulley set for?. Doesn't one of the pulleys hook to the shaft that is part of the lift, then a belt goes from there to the tiller drive group?
larry8200 Posted - 08/12/2010 : 08:24:20
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

I think that is a center PTO pulley set.

Looks like the center PTO pulley set to me too.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1