Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 229 / Visits Today: 229
Highest Active Users: 229
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Cheap back saver

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simplelife Posted - 07/08/2010 : 08:16:31
Not having the funds for a fancy lift table like Biggie has, I still wanted something to get the tractors up to a more comfortable working level. Bought a couple of stands at an auction that someone had made from an old steel bedframe, bolted them together, added a couple of planks, and for under $10 out of pocket my back hurts no more and my knees seldom see the ground or floor.

Threw this together and decided to test it with one of the 3416 project tractors that I have hiding in the barn. Perfect work height and pushed it up my ramps with little effert, plus now I can sit my favorite beverage on the planks and have it close at hand.

9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 07/09/2010 : 07:46:53
quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo

Hey Guys: I was recently given a 5216 parts machine by my neighbor. So realizing there was value in the machine I gave him a quart of homemade maple syrup. Everybody was happy! I stripped what was good and left the rolling chasis and am now thinking that machine would be ideal as a portable shop to pull behind my Allis 712H. I have this concept that if I mounted a cheapo vertical metal tool cabinet on it and mada spot for a small set of oxy/acetylene torches that it would work good as a shop where you drop, (field service).

Since the frame is unobstructed I could see where you could also mount a hydraulic engine lift/crane on it and use it as a mobile field crane to lift up the ole Simplicities and the Allis's to save the back. What do you guys think, worth while?

Gonzo, it is time you started showing us some pictures....
Gonzo Posted - 07/09/2010 : 05:08:39
Hey Guys: I was recently given a 5216 parts machine by my neighbor. So realizing there was value in the machine I gave him a quart of homemade maple syrup. Everybody was happy! I stripped what was good and left the rolling chasis and am now thinking that machine would be ideal as a portable shop to pull behind my Allis 712H. I have this concept that if I mounted a cheapo vertical metal tool cabinet on it and mada spot for a small set of oxy/acetylene torches that it would work good as a shop where you drop, (field service).

Since the frame is unobstructed I could see where you could also mount a hydraulic engine lift/crane on it and use it as a mobile field crane to lift up the ole Simplicities and the Allis's to save the back. What do you guys think, worth while?
B-16_IC Posted - 07/08/2010 : 22:06:25
Nice looking stand! I need to build something of that sort myself, nothing bothers my back more than stooping over. I sure do hope the can on the plank in the first pic is not your drink of choice!
skunkhome Posted - 07/08/2010 : 21:34:16
Every 3400 series tractor for that matter had Briggs engines. I can count on one hand the number of models of Large frame Simplicity tractors that had anything other than a Briggs engine between the years of 1959 and 1985. On the other hand AC is just the opposite. Almost every model of Large Frame Tractor from 1970 Mod 300's thru 1985 mod 900's were powered by Kohler engines.
larry8200 Posted - 07/08/2010 : 18:59:46
quote:

Simplelife: Nice 3416, wish I had one. Did all the 3416's come with Briggs engines?

Every single one!

Insert Image:
simplelife Posted - 07/08/2010 : 18:47:22
quote:

Simplelife: Nice 3416, wish I had one. Did all the 3416's come with Briggs engines?

Thanks .. yes all of the 3416's had the Briggs in them.
Gonzo Posted - 07/08/2010 : 18:20:59
skunkhome Posted - 07/08/2010 : 09:24:39
I would hurt my back lifting the tractor up onto the table. Oh! you use ramps.
larry8200 Posted - 07/08/2010 : 09:01:42
I've been thinking about something like that for quite a while. The back and knees definitly groan...

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1