Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5711 / Visits Today: 5711
Highest Active Users: 5711
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Stripes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
larry8200 Posted - 06/27/2010 : 18:11:20
Just tightned up my steering and it no longer looks like I was mowing under the influence!

Insert Image:
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
larry8200 Posted - 06/27/2010 : 19:16:23
New ball joints on the drag link (steering bar that goes up the left side) The back joint kept falling off making a nice mowing job impossible. I also replaced the brass bushings in the spindles several years ago, and there are replaceble spacers in the tie rod ends as well. There can also be play in the steering column.

Simplicity part numbers: Ball Joint (2) 164272, Spindle Bushings (4) 154289, Tie rod spacer (2) 154177 Tie rod (1) 157499

I call the rod going from left spindle to right spindle a tie rod, and the bar going up the side of the tractor a drag link. Simplicity's manual for a 3416H has them the other way around.

The ball joints are about $40 a piece from Simple. If you measure up the threads and length, you can get generic ones on ebay for about $10. I was lucky and got some good used ones on ebay, but watch who you deal with there. Joes Outdoor Power parts out all sorts of tractors on ebay and only auctions off parts in good condition, can take a while for what you want to come up though.

Good Luck
3414HDuval Posted - 06/27/2010 : 18:13:15
tightned up steering? how ide like to know becayse i have some play in mine

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1