Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 7571 / Visits Today: 68
Highest Active Users: 7571
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 AC 716 and Simplicity 7016

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ATF Posted - 06/27/2010 : 10:43:02
I probably paid too much, but I wanted them, 1500.00 for both, they came with one adjustable snow blade, one set of wheel weights, one set of hub caps. One tractor had 725 hours the other 613 hours. Both had very nice decks with tight spindles, no chute covers though, maybe I can find a couple cheap. There was a guy in Missouri, I think, advertising chute cover, but I couldn't get him to email me back. I'm just finishing fabricating the second rod for the snow plow, the one that adjusts the blade left to right. Neither tractor had the rubber hood latches, I found 4 new ones for 11.00 shipped to my door. I've got the top lift bracket for the one point sleeve hitch and I'm making the bottom sleeve hitch bracket. My farm and garden store sells a 32"x 2"x 1/4" support bar for a tractor, it has one inch holes on each end, but I can cut them off and still have enough metal to bend the outside frame of the hitch. The bar is only 10.99 and I have enough scrap metal to fill in the two cross braces. Way cheaper than the 100 plus bucks my dealer want for the item, and I think I can make it look just as good. Sometimes functional ability will outweigh the need for originality

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ATF Posted - 06/29/2010 : 22:16:22
I buy what I like, and I like single cylinder mid to late 70's hydros, almost any brand, although I am definitely not a Deere fan, mainly because they were mass marketed, expensive, hard to work on, and overrated lawn tractors. I'm luke warm on Wheel Horses because most are geared and most use a similar mule drive as the old Sears GT's, not a fan of that system either. Another thing about the wheel horses and Dears are the rear lifts, wheel horses are very rare almost non existent and Sears hitches are only a 12 inch width, which is not compatible with Cat 0 implements which are 20 inches across. In fact VERY few tractors had the number of options on engines, transmissions, implements, and accessories as the AC/Simplicity line up, The big Ariens GTs are great, 3 rock shafts, front, mid, and rear lifts, drive over shaft drive decks, Front and rear PTO's with electric clutches. Besides the AC/Simplicitys, the big Massey MF14/16 and the 1450/1650/1655/1855 have to rate right up there also.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/27/2010 : 20:45:34
That is one fine looking fleet you have there! The two new ones are sure fire winners, like said above, what would that money fetch you in town? Looks like you have a talent for finding nice originals.
ATF Posted - 06/27/2010 : 15:23:16
quote:
Originally posted by LordByron444

My cousin, who gave me a 1954 WD-45 Allis, is a collector of old Massey Ferguson and IH tractors...
That Massey you have in the back ground looks kind of cool.. What's under the hood and what kind of Transmissions did Massey use?

It's a 1974 MF14, kohler k321, Sundstrand inline hydro unit, RARE factory 3 point hydraulic lift. I got it from the original owners daughter after the old gentleman passed on. She didn't want to sell it, but her sorry husband made her, about tore me up. came with 6 differet attachments, All I did was put the stack on, 22.00 at Farm Supply store. I did add tri-rib steer tires on narrow rims and 26x12x12 AG tires for that Tijuana hit Alabama look. Also came with hard to find wheel weights. This the FASTEST tractor I have ever driven. My neighbor thought his Dixie Chopper was faster, till I smoked him in the first 10 feet and kept pulling away until it was embarrassing. I got the box blade from Howse implement company in Jackson Miss. 225, plus 100 bucks to ship, seemed like a fair price to me, they have a good line of garden tractor implements that are just the right size.

ByronC Posted - 06/27/2010 : 13:11:38
My cousin, who gave me a 1954 WD-45 Allis, is a collector of old Massey Ferguson and IH tractors...
That Massey you have in the back ground looks kind of cool.. What's under the hood and what kind of Transmissions did Massey use?
simplelife Posted - 06/27/2010 : 12:05:22
The custom flames on the 716 cost more. :) Wheel weights, hubcaps, HD dozer blade, electric lifts, what could you have gotten for $1500 new from a box store? Not much. Looks like a nice pair!
ATF Posted - 06/27/2010 : 10:49:50
And yeah, both have electric lifts, sweeet

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1