Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 18 / Visits Today: 18
Highest Active Users: 18
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Drove to WI for weed cutter

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
1014211 Posted - 06/13/2010 : 17:12:59
Satrday I drove to Wisconsin (360 miles one way) to get my hands on a weed cutter. Am very excted to get new belts for it and try it out. Had to pay a little for it but was willing to because it is in great shape for being used. Even the PTO guard and the mount for the engagement rod were there. I'll let you know how it works when I start cutting with it. I've had the blades spinning but the belts are just shot, so I want to wait until I get those redone.

15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
1014211 Posted - 06/18/2010 : 06:51:07
That seems a bit steep! Granted, it's probably in showroom condition if it's been used only twice. I had to dish out about half that, which is still kind of high for an attachment, but I've always thought they were cool and I can use it regularly so for me it was worth it. Of course, that is probably it for the year now!
Denny Posted - 06/18/2010 : 05:44:49
Nate, there's one up here in Ohio,, been used twice,, the guy wants $450 for it !!!!!!!
7010b1 Posted - 06/18/2010 : 01:14:03
let me give you 10 reasions to ALWAYS TURN OFF THE TRACTOR, 1 - 10 is look at your hands you should be able to count 10 unless your my "tractor friend" he has stubs and 7 fingers left.... these tractors vibrate alot and will engauge implements at any given time....

by the way I still want one and could have had one or 2 by now but that 200-300 price range has keep me for getting one... right implmenet wrong timming
acb10_64 Posted - 06/17/2010 : 21:27:35
That is a sweet attachment! I always wondered what it really looked like, you see i had only ever seen it in a parts manual. Looks like it cuts excellent!
1014211 Posted - 06/17/2010 : 19:47:02
Well, gave it a good workout this afternoon. Mowed down quite a bit, got bound up only once, which is a good thing since disengaging the handle doesn't bring the blades to a stop. Have to kill the motor, which is probably best anyway! Boy, does it ever throw stuff!

Denny Posted - 06/15/2010 : 05:45:35
lol,,,, wait till ya drive it up against a 2" tree,,,,,,Gone in seconds!! And 75' maybe to close still. lol
1014211 Posted - 06/15/2010 : 05:36:54
Thats funny you say that Phil, I got it fird up last night abd it does an awesome job of cutting brush and tall grass. However, my dad stood about 75 feet away to watch and he was just amazed it ever made it off the drawing board. Nothing like this will be made in todays law suit-happy society! I'm going to do some more tonight and I'll snap some photos. I really do like it, but will have to be very aware. Plus, Simplicity has stopped making the belts and blades, the belt I can get from another supplier, but the blades may have to be done custom!
skunkhome Posted - 06/14/2010 : 21:39:59
That thing had to give the folks in risk management, at Simplicity, nightmares.
B112 Posted - 06/14/2010 : 21:38:59
I disassembled two attachments to get them on the plane. I maxed out the 70lbs limit. Yes, I guess plane rides count, but it was a convience not a obsession to drive 900 plus odd miles. I have thought of dragging my trailer down to NC when visiting family there. Right now, a lot going on in my house, so my hands are tied away from the tractor wallet!
oldron Posted - 06/14/2010 : 21:35:44
quote:
Originally posted by B112

Nice! That's tough mileage, but looks worth it. I've done two hundred miles for an attachment, not lately though. The longest was from OK to CT, I put it in my luggage on two different trips. Flying doesn't really count, I think.

I never see anything I like that would fit in a suitcase.
Ron
Mack Posted - 06/14/2010 : 10:00:59
Click the link at the bottom of the page to download the manual for it.

http://www.simplicitymfg.com/manuals/index.cfm?rd=1
B-16_IC Posted - 06/14/2010 : 09:07:13
Now there's an attachment I am hoping to find! Nice score.
Cvans Posted - 06/13/2010 : 22:33:23
Anyone want to tell me how that weed cutter works. I've never seen one before.
Thanks

Cvans Posted - 06/13/2010 : 22:31:41
Mike, Fying counts! Especially if it's your plane and your paying the upkeep on it. If your flying commercial it still counts as I'm getting to the point where commercial aviation is getting to be more of a hassle than it's worth.

B112 Posted - 06/13/2010 : 17:47:41
Nice! That's tough mileage, but looks worth it. I've done two hundred miles for an attachment, not lately though. The longest was from OK to CT, I put it in my luggage on two different trips. Flying doesn't really count, I think.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1