Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1716 / Visits Today: 1418
Highest Active Users: 1716
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 B10 photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Bollun Posted - 06/04/2010 : 21:46:11
Took some pictures last night before the rian. Tractor came with the attachments. Mower deck needs a little bit of fixing but works. Tiller works great and the blower has only been used three times since bought with tractor.

moderator modified photo size for easier viewing
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Bollun Posted - 06/12/2010 : 21:15:02
Thanks Denny. That worked great. Tightened the set screwand away it went. Works well now
Bollun Posted - 06/10/2010 : 21:52:02
Thanks Denny. I will try that tomorrow and let you know how it turns out.
Bert
Denny Posted - 06/10/2010 : 19:59:43
Yes,, wrong. The pulley stays aligned with drive pulley, there is a set screw, on the inside,, tough to get to,, that locks that portion to the input shaft on the transmission. The pulley is bushed to that piece. If the set screw is loose,, all kinds of chit happens wrong.
Bollun Posted - 06/10/2010 : 12:41:03
What bushing is frozen? I had it apart and all the planetary gears turn free. I do have another question about it though. Does the pully itself get locked to the shaft and the gear pack slide only. Right now the pulley & gear pack etc slides on the shaft. This just seems wrong to me but then I have never seen this type of gear box before. Both gears on the pulley seem to be engaged all the time. Does anyone know where to find a service and repair manual for the B10. I have an original operator's manual and parts manual.
Denny Posted - 06/09/2010 : 21:44:06
You have a bushing froze in the hi-lo,,, when in high, it's direct drive,, no use of planitaries, they come into play in low range. tear it apart,, clean and lube it up.
acb10_64 Posted - 06/09/2010 : 19:37:30
Bert,

Nice find! Pretty sweet that you got those attachments too!

Hope you get the Hi/Lo range figured out.
acdad Posted - 06/09/2010 : 17:55:49
Nice looking tractor!
Bollun Posted - 06/07/2010 : 20:51:43
I have an original owners manual. The clutch and the brake are adjusted to spec in the book. What it is actually doing is not going into lo range. If I get into lo and release the clutch it locks up and the belt smokes. Shift into hi and it works fine. Mack suggested shims behind the wear pins. Tried it but made it worse, wouldn't shift into hi either unless the motor was stopped. Planetary gears turn fine. can't figure this one out.
skunkhome Posted - 06/05/2010 : 14:35:40
if you are having trouble getting into gear, don't jamb it. If it goes into gear ok when not running, It is likely you need to adjust the clutch. Often it is just a matter of adjusting the belt guard at the BGB (bevel gear box). Do you have an owners' Manual?
Bollun Posted - 06/05/2010 : 10:55:15
Figured it out IMO in my opinion
Bollun Posted - 06/05/2010 : 10:31:17
I used to own 5 acres of lawn and a 7' finishing mower. Lost the lawn in a divorce and traded the mower for the B10 and a shotgun. Figured I made out alright. Plan to restore the tractor to original. Not great with acrynoms, what's IMO.It is a little hard to get into gear but the PTO and hydrolift work well. Wouldn't start when I got, no battery and the fuel wouldn't suck. Cleaned the carb installed a battery and it fires up after about 4 turns. Actually runs and looks pretty good.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/05/2010 : 09:47:39
Nice score! That is a nice one to see, bet it's a peach to use. Nicely optioned for work, should serve you well!
Mack Posted - 06/05/2010 : 08:08:19
That is a very nice looking outfit. Hydro lift and creeper gear plus those attachments make it a truly year round worker! Enjoy!
Denny Posted - 06/05/2010 : 05:25:21
Nice find !! I have the twin to it, only I didn't get the blower, it got misplaced somewhere. But I do have the little side bracket for the spout rod and the front belt guards. This is the only tractor I own that remains 100% original.
skunkhome Posted - 06/04/2010 : 23:32:34
Bert, again welcome to the site. Boy, a 1966 late model B10 with hydrolift!... that brings back memories, I had a B10 with arm-strong lift 45 years ago and absolutely loved the tractor even after spending 20-35 hours every week behind the wheel 6-9 months out of the year. IMO it is the finest of the simple tractors ever to wear the AC label. You started off right with a bunch of photos now please tell us more about your acquisition and plans for the tractor.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1