Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 8984 / Visits Today: 1481
Highest Active Users: 8984
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Fridays new addition

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B-16_IC Posted - 05/30/2010 : 23:36:34
Here are some pics of the 712H I picked up Friday on my way home from the swap meet. Been keeping an eye on it for a couple years,finally was driving by with cash in my pocket and someone was home. It ain't too purdy but a shot of carb cleaner and a jump from a car battery was all it took to start it.

It has been modified a bit, the 12hp was replaced with a 14hp Magnum. The exhaust leaves something to be desired considering the chunk they cut out of the hood to fit it. If you look at the frame you can see the hole that got torched in the frame for the oil drain.

Apparently someone thought a cable wasn't good enough for the rear lift, BTW, the rod is too short keeping the lift tube too high so they cut a notch in the seat pan too.

Apparently they couldn't remember belt sizes any better than me so they engraved them in the dash.

Forgot to take pics of the deck and the drive to it. The deck is for a 300 or 400 series which spins the opposite way. To get the belt twisted the other way they modified the pulleys on the mule drive. None of the sheet metal is without ugly hackings or like the dash tower, rusted through. Also the steering wheel is super loose and came off of a Cub Cadet! Oh well, the Magnum sounds strong and the hydro is very responsive. Might just clean it up a bit ,change fluids, replace the seat that's growing weeds and give it a try mowing. Of course the FDT lover in me is already seeing visions of this rear getting mated to a 200 series front!

I promised to post pics of this on Sunday, looks like I just made it!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-16_IC Posted - 07/01/2010 : 22:09:22
I have to pick up a different belt tomorrow night so I can mow again this weekend. I'm putting it back to original for now with the proper 42" deck and mule drive. It's trying my patience getting the belt lined up right and getting a proper belt length. Otherwise it mows pretty darned good, the 16 sure ain't stressed with a 42"! I still prefer my B-210 variable so far, but the hydro might grow on me.
7010b1 Posted - 07/01/2010 : 01:37:10
Phil don't for get about the b series side plates there on the shelf I know with a inch of dust on them.

did anyone find them yet..?????????

rich how does she mow now or is it in parts?
B-16_IC Posted - 06/28/2010 : 22:56:37
I sure wish that pile could be found Phil!!
skunkhome Posted - 06/26/2010 : 21:05:47
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

Apparently they do sprout legs, I can't count how many engines I've seen missing the carb, and the points cover too! Somewhere there is a great pile of these, maybe the same place as all those single socks that disappear from the dryer!

they are sitting next to the stack of side panels for B100, b200, 2100, 3000 and 3100 series tractors.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/26/2010 : 21:00:13
Apparently they do sprout legs, I can't count how many engines I've seen missing the carb, and the points cover too! Somewhere there is a great pile of these, maybe the same place as all those single socks that disappear from the dryer!
7010b1 Posted - 06/25/2010 : 01:05:10
lol when you find one let me know I need a few my self to get more of mine back togather... I think sitcky fingers or elce they can grow legs and walk a way
freddie Posted - 06/24/2010 : 22:57:59
sorry forgot, the up draft with 4 bolt bowl
freddie Posted - 06/24/2010 : 22:52:31
looking for the ones that came on the 10hp b&s engines. i just like to have xtra stuff around.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/24/2010 : 22:17:00
quote:
Originally posted by freddie

sure would like to get a couple b&s carbs.

All you have to do is go on E-bay and open your wallet REAL wide! I latch onto any I find which isn't often, what one do you need and why?
freddie Posted - 06/24/2010 : 12:13:54
sure would like to get a couple b&s carbs.
7010b1 Posted - 06/22/2010 : 02:27:33
well keep us posted you know where the rest can go...lol just let me know.... and yes nice pipe.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/20/2010 : 11:07:56
That wheel was the only thing I had around here that fit to replace the very ill fitting CC one that came with it. A little small, but oh well. I am still planning on this donating it's rear end to a B-series so no proper parts for now. I just love working on the hacked ones, I don't feel bad at all about firing up the torch, or grabbing a big channel locks! Looking forward to mowing with it again, while apart I got the steering lubed up nice so it should steer a bit better. From the way it sounds Phil, I'd say it is feeling VERY good!
skunkhome Posted - 06/19/2010 : 07:22:52
Looks like she is feeling better already
7010b1 Posted - 06/19/2010 : 01:42:17
is that a yoman stearing wheel in that tractor?????? if you pull it you can have one that fits.

bring that hood I will exchange it for you. oh hell bring your truck with extra parts you don't want I will just trade you a parts tractor your frame is all hacked up. spair rims, b&s carbs, side shelds you know... lol I will fix u up right.
B-16_IC Posted - 06/18/2010 : 10:43:27
I think someone added the rod, it didn't fit right at all. It was pinned in the wrong hole in the rockshaft too, they had it where the cylinder would go for hydrolift.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1