Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4615 / Visits Today: 1309
Highest Active Users: 4615
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 Good auction buys today!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
B-16_IC Posted - 09/26/2009 : 22:33:12
I went to an auction today at an Allis dealer cleaning up some misc. stuff. The list said "Snapper and AC lawn mowers" so of course I was there! Left there with $4 and change left in my pocket, glad I bought gas before going. Time for the bragging to ensue!

The 10" lugs I bought for my tiller clad Homestesder, $27.50pr. The other tires are two pair of 4", a pair of 6", and a single 4.00x8, all for $2! All new.

Box full of seat covers contained a backrest for B-12 and one for later B's, and also a pair of armrests, $10.

B-110, with 48" deck, replacement I/C engine, $90.

Allis 712S, with 48" deck, $60!

Been wanting to tinker with a shuttle for some time, now I can once I fix the problem described in my other post. Not so sure about the plumbing under the hood, new expierience for me there too!
B-110 will find it's way to another home, after I swap a few parts. This was quite a load in a short bed half ton GMC!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
B-16_IC Posted - 10/29/2009 : 18:26:56
Been cleaning in my garage lately, haven't gotten around to swapping engines. I did put on the correct throttle and choke cables which I robbed from my B-210. Had to get rid of this uglyness!

My cleaning has shown me one thing, I really need to build on! But this tractor needs to move on, if interested let me know.
7010b1 Posted - 10/29/2009 : 14:52:41
"B-16_IC I really have no need for another three speed short WB tractor. I have two in pieces needing finished now! Besides this would be a nice original paint tractor for someone to play with."

i love to play lol let me know. if it's all there complete and you might not need to change that engine but you would have to leave that deck under that tractor.
B-16_IC Posted - 09/29/2009 : 21:20:07
I got the B-110 running tonight. WOW does it smoke! I tried mowing with it, has a REALLY hard time pulling a 42". Oh well, it's a replacement engine anyway, (I/C series). I will have to dig out the 10hp I picked up this summer and stab it on there, never had it running but it looks nice! I'm thinking this tractor will end up in the classifieds once it is running proper, I really have no need for another three speed short WB tractor. I have two in pieces needing finished now! Besides this would be a nice original paint tractor for someone to play with.
skunkhome Posted - 09/28/2009 : 19:06:04
If I recall the pump on our 312d went bad (started leaking). We plumbed around it and never missed it. The engine never was worth a tInkers dam to begin with. Couldn't keep exhaust valves in it.
B-16_IC Posted - 09/28/2009 : 18:14:04
I haven't got that toilet running independantly just yet. It is still to be seen how the carb will turn out, float's stuck open and throttle shaft is pretty loose. Not to mention I have no idea if the fuel pump works. That'll probably try my patience. But, if all else fails, I have a few Briggs lying around that don't require such expensive parts! And there are plenty of Kohler fans out there that would love another in there herd. I am giving this one more of a chance than the KT-17 I recently rid myself of.
Roy Posted - 09/28/2009 : 09:15:53
"Take that Roy!"

No problem. Some like Fords and some like Chevys.
I don't do Fords or Kohlers.
skunkhome Posted - 09/27/2009 : 22:51:29
That 712 will be much better after you install a 10hp briggs.
olcowhand Posted - 09/27/2009 : 22:15:00
quote:
Originally posted by B-16_IC

I think I might actually like a toilet powered RBT!

Take that Roy!
B-16_IC Posted - 09/27/2009 : 21:33:59
Thanks guys! I misquoted the price on the little tires, my memory works about as well as a Tecumseh carb. I looked at the tickets this morning, $2 for the 4x8 and $8 for the 6 little ones and two tubes.
I gave both tractors a bath today and tinkered instead of mowing. That grass will be there tomorrow, and the next day..... Anyway, pulled the 110's engine no mouse nest! Shocking, filed the points and got spark, couldn't get it to pop off for nothing. Was hoping to mow with it, oh well.
Cleaned the points on the 712, got fire. Hooked up an auxilary gas tank to the carb gravity feed and realized the float is sticking, big shock. I regulated the flow with the inline shutoff valve and it fired off and ran great! Very quiet, very smooth!
I wanted to confirm the whole stuck in gear thing, yep! If put in 1 or 3 it stalls when the clutch is realeased and lever forward or back. If put in no gear, it moves forward or back whith the direction lever. So, it's on to fixing that, and rebuilding the carb! Sorry for the novel but I am really stoked about this one, I think I might actually like a toilet powered RBT!
skunkhome Posted - 09/27/2009 : 00:41:44
my Buddy!
B112 Posted - 09/26/2009 : 23:24:26
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

Stealing is a crime

If that was true, we'd have many members in Tractor Jail! I agree nice haul!
oldron Posted - 09/26/2009 : 23:15:56
Stealing is a crime! Nice haul.
Ron

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1