Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1888 / Visits Today: 1888
Highest Active Users: 1888
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Information
 The Tractor and Attachment Gallery
 My "New" 4040

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RBE17 Posted - 08/24/2009 : 08:08:32
I picked this up over the weekend. 1972 4040, high flotation tires, front blade, wheel weights, chains, 3pt hitch and Brinly 3pt fork lift. It needs some work, but considering the price I paid for it I am happy.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RBE17 Posted - 08/26/2009 : 07:51:19
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

If only a 3 1/2hr trip, you surely stole this tractor! Want your money back?

Are you making me an offer? I'd consider selling this tractor (less the blade and brinly fork lift) because I've got my eye one on a 9020. I knew the 4040s had the original axle and small spindles, but did not realize they can only operate one hydraulic cylinder at a time. I had hoped to use this machine in the winter w/ a snowthrower and rear blade, but won't be able because of the one hydraulic / one cylinder issue. Because of that I think the 4040 will become the loader / backhoe machine. However, that is going to force me to upgrade the front axle and spindles on this machine. I'm having a little buyer's remorse and wish I would've waited to try and find a newer machine. Regardless, I am grateful I found a good deal as I know what these machines can cost.
olcowhand Posted - 08/25/2009 : 19:25:54
If only a 3 1/2hr trip, you surely stole this tractor! Want your money back?
skunkhome Posted - 08/25/2009 : 18:46:46
That is pretty cool to have the historical records
oldron Posted - 08/24/2009 : 09:46:23
Very nice indeed!
RBE17 Posted - 08/24/2009 : 08:56:58
quote:
Originally posted by B112

Very nice!

Thanks!!! I got it pretty cheap, which was nice, but there's a lot more to fix that I anticipated. If I wouldn't have driven 3+ hours I would've haggled a little bit when I got there. Coincidentally, the trip cost me half as much as the tractor.

Oh, I forgot to add that this only has 454 hours on the hour meter. It also has a rear pto.

I now own a tractor that is older than I am. I have the original bill of sale from 5/5/72. Total price out the door was $2,600.
B112 Posted - 08/24/2009 : 08:11:36
Very nice!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1