Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 1693 / Visits Today: 1693
Highest Active Users: 1693
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Phil here are the photos

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cvans Posted - 05/25/2013 : 22:22:34
Mowed today so I snapped some photos for you. Maybe you can glean enough info from the tag to tell which deck it is.

As you can see in the photo below the blade drive belt had to completely rerouted to incorporate the gearbox.

3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cvans Posted - 05/26/2013 : 16:39:52
Wes, thanks for the information. That did help.

Putting that much effort into adapting the deck without knowing if it was going to work was the worst part. If I had to do it again it would go much faster of course but would have liked to do a better job of blending in where the original discharge chute was closed off.

Thanks Phil. I have had projects in the past that turned out to be a total waist of effort, fortunately this is not one of those and almost hate to quit mowing with it. The little Yanmar chugs along happily and is by far one of the quietest engines I've been around. For last couple of weeks it has rained almost every day and it looks like next week will be no different. Lots of grass to mow.
Yes it is belt from the engine to the PTO shaft. Then shaft to the gear box which is mounted on the deck support frame. Then from the gearbox is a belt to the blade arbors. Routing the blade belt without rubbing on anything was a head scratcher.
skunkhome Posted - 05/26/2013 : 10:15:23
Yes that is a 990885 which was the first mower they made specifically to fit the RBT's That is the same mower that was on my 3414 and the donner of the arbors and rollers to my "new" mower deck that Biggie Rat so graciously gave me.
BTW, I think you did a super job on the conversion.
So it is shaft drive to the mower than a belt runs the deck arbors. That is a great way to isolate the tractor drivetrain from the mower shock. I support the pto is belt driven through the front axle pivot.
You picked a top notch mower.
acb10_64 Posted - 05/26/2013 : 10:02:22
Hope this helps. Again, great job on the conversion!

http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/heCBEN8arL0rE3Cvh5kbp796Dq.pdf

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1