Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3962 / Visits Today: 1918
Highest Active Users: 3962
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Hybrid lawn tractor.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skunkhome Posted - 02/27/2013 : 20:41:34
Anyone ready for a hybrid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fn7p-Mt65ZA&feature=youtube_gdata_player
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
olcowhand Posted - 03/02/2013 : 11:51:24
I would think this outfit would use a system where the motor only runs on command, but I don't know for sure. Likely has no variable tranny as the electronics control the speed by varying the speed of the motor, and the deck is powered by separate motors, allowing the transport motor to run at any speed.
biggie_rat Posted - 03/02/2013 : 09:56:17
Like I said before, "It looks like a lot of "good ideas" installed on a frame with a suspension". But now that it's been stated that it might as well be 'Made In China', I am not rushing to Lowe's.
Again, when I bought my truck, (2002), the 2003' were coming out and the new diesel was in the 2003's, the old reliable, Power Stroke Diesel in the 2002's. I opted for the 02. NOW, I know I did the right thing, as it took Ford 2-4 years to get the bugs out of the new diesel.
I don't buy into the Hong Cong phooey. The replacement motors, generator and any parts on it might be twice as much, or unavailable anywhere but from the mfg. with a 3 month wait or until the boat gets in.
It seems like constant wear on the transmission motor (unless it's shut off) and a lifetime of waiting on easily burn up parts.

B.R.
skunkhome Posted - 02/28/2013 : 23:31:36
I have reminders on my google calendar to run mine every month though I am not as diligent about it as I should be.
Cvans Posted - 02/28/2013 : 22:02:54
A couple of my diesel conversions have large alternators so I can just hook up the inverter and away we go. Hope at least one of them will start when needed.
olcowhand Posted - 02/28/2013 : 21:40:13
You're right Phil about this one's generator being ready to go by being used often. I just rolled my genset out & gave it some excercise yesterday. I try to run it a few minutes at least once every 60 days, and when I remember, every month. It's always ready when I need it...but I can't drive it to where I need it!
skunkhome Posted - 02/28/2013 : 21:18:48
quote:
Originally posted by olcowhand

Just looked it up......... Assembled in NC of Chinese parts.

Isn't that kinda typical of "made in USA " today?

Ron, ya got to have something to replace all those two cycle engines you threw in the dumpster!
it is certainly a great way to insure you have a working generator when the lights go out. Biggest issue with emergency generators is that hey don't get run enough and them check out when they are called upon to do some real work.
biggie_rat Posted - 02/28/2013 : 19:59:10
It looks like a lot of "good ideas" installed on a frame with a suspension.
I wouldn't think I would like to end up with the 'first generation' of these, before all the bugs are worked out.
Unless I missed it, they purposely hide the engine manufacturer. That could hold things up.
I like the idea of a generator. I have a lot of electric yard tools, a WORX alligator cutter, electric chainsaw, etc. The all start every time (if you have electricity).

B.R.
olcowhand Posted - 02/28/2013 : 19:24:56
Just looked it up......... Assembled in NC of Chinese parts.
olcowhand Posted - 02/28/2013 : 18:57:56
I think they are maybe assembled in the USA from imported parts?????
skunkhome Posted - 02/28/2013 : 17:46:07
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

I sure hope you will get one and report back to us. It would really be a boon in rural areas where electricity was prone to interruption.

It is tempting but I just don't have that kinda money to throw at something like that. Supposedly they are made in USA.
Cvans Posted - 02/28/2013 : 08:40:23
I sure hope you will get one and report back to us. It would really be a boon in rural areas where electricity was prone to interruption.
skunkhome Posted - 02/27/2013 : 22:14:49
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

quote:

That's quite the machine. I like the idea and hope they did their homework when building it. The differential certainly looks heavy enough for even the hardest abuse.
Any idea of the cost?

$3000

I also thought the rear axle was stout. I saw one in person today and it intrigued me because I have for some time been interested in gasoline and diesel electric power for putting the maximum torque to the ground from zero RPM.
skunkhome Posted - 02/27/2013 : 22:10:46
quote:

That's quite the machine. I like the idea and hope they did their homework when building it. The differential certainly looks heavy enough for even the hardest abuse.
Any idea of the cost?

$3000
Cvans Posted - 02/27/2013 : 21:35:14
Any idea of the cost?

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1