Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2772 / Visits Today: 728
Highest Active Users: 2772
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Wheel Horse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Jon314 Posted - 01/31/2013 : 22:48:43
I wound up with an older WH in trade. This has a hydro and I have no manual to tell me what oil to use. Hydraulic oil for farm tractors, ATF for cars and pickups?
There are no factory tags on it anymore. Engine is a Kohler 12 HP. I know that doesn't define it too well.
I'm sure someone here can suggest an oil that would work.
Thanks!
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
BRAD1975 Posted - 02/05/2013 : 17:14:47
yeah my 520h took dexron and worked just fine
Cvans Posted - 02/05/2013 : 12:25:33

Woops, someone bought the sickle mower.

Too bad we don't live closer together. I have a sickle mower and a snow blower for your tractor that I have no use for and am planning to sell. I installed a diesel in mine and it will only be used to turn dirt in the garden.

Jon314 Posted - 02/05/2013 : 00:13:38
Thanks so much! I will probably change the oil & filter and refill with Dexron. That will have to wait until we get warmer weather, oil doesn't flow well at our single digits.
If the hydro is in good shape, I'll have to find some attachments like a blade so I can put it to use. P.O has a trailer ball mounted and it would seem to be Ok for moving trailers.
Appreciate the information.
Cvans Posted - 02/01/2013 : 12:29:47
If you mean in the Hydro, it is ATF. The old oil should be red. Some people have used 10-30W oil but mine had ATF in it so that is what I used again. Not type F. Use Dexron III or Dexron VI for synthetic. I'm not a big fan of the synthetic oils for this use but that's my choice. You can pick up a filter from either Napa or Toro. I just changed mine and used the napa filter and Dextron III.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1