Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 21115 / Visits Today: 386
Highest Active Users: 21115
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 I love this tractor!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
simplelife Posted - 10/01/2011 : 16:03:15
My son works for an IH Case dealership and he brought this home for us to use (play with) for the weekend. The color is about right and although I love my Simps and AC's this is a HOSS!!!

2000 Kubota G1800 Diesel. This is one stout machine and very comfortable to operate. I am hooked on this diesel powerplant! We mowed his place, my mom's place, and my place on about 1 1/2 gallons of fuel. This same amount of mowing usually takes us almost 5 gallons!

3 cyl diesel engine

Quick release deck covers for cleaning out the debris.

All grease serts are accessible from the top of the deck.

While the mower has some nice features such as the quick release deck covers and grease serts from the top, it does not come close to providing a quality cut like the Simplicity. If this had a Simplicity style cut, I could be very persuaded!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Talntedmrgreen Posted - 10/04/2011 : 08:14:05
Interesting info...I'd like to keep my eyes peeled for a 7790, but don't know much about their issues, what to look for etc. I suppose that's another topic, but the diesels are certainly tempting.

I would really like to sell of a pair of 'newer' machines we have down at my mother's place (2 acres), and pick up something Simplicity that would go the long haul. The newer stuff is not going to last, and we're already having issues with both (busted welds, electrical, hydrostat problems) My thinking...Trailering a machine would get old, but her place is only a mile and a half up the road, and we have a couple small trailers to do it, just sitting in the barn. That way I could retire my older machiese from the countless hours of mowing my place (1+acres) and hers, and dedicate one machine to all the cutting and fall leaf care...I'd love it to be a diesel.
ByronC Posted - 10/03/2011 : 02:52:44
Mike,
I am with Daniel on the diesels. I have a 928D Grasshopper with a 28hp Kubota Diesel.

My 620 would drink 2.5 gallons of gas to mow my yard which is 2 acres.

Yesterday I mowed my yard (2 acres) and my neighbors yard which is 2.5 acres and used just over 2 gallons of fuel.

Diesels are worth the investment and it's not uncommon to see 8~10K hours or more out of the engines.
Cvans Posted - 10/02/2011 : 22:30:57
Josh I hope someday isn't too far off. You won't regret it. Until then it looks like you are doing just fine.

Talntedmrgreen Posted - 10/02/2011 : 20:43:24
Someday....
wlewis379 Posted - 10/02/2011 : 20:39:25
yep love my 7790!
olcowhand Posted - 10/02/2011 : 10:15:16
Chris & I have been sold on diesels for some time now. So economical to operate. That's why he & I are always doing diesel conversions when we can source the engines. A tank of diesel lasts like the Energizer Bunny!
simplelife Posted - 10/02/2011 : 08:22:23
quote:
Originally posted by skunkhome

For heavens sakes make sure the front axle pivot Is free and keep well greased. Seems to be an oft forgotten zerk fitting.

Oh we are not buying it. He just brought it home to temp me.
skunkhome Posted - 10/01/2011 : 19:51:08
For heavens sakes make sure the front axle pivot Is free and keep well greased. Seems to be an oft forgotten zerk fitting.
Cvans Posted - 10/01/2011 : 17:21:29
The little diesels are hard to beat. They go and go and go on a gallon of fuel. Sounds like your having fun.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1