Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4761 / Visits Today: 4564
Highest Active Users: 4761
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 C note barn find

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Cvans Posted - 07/16/2011 : 22:31:42
I hate Craig's list. Every time I think I'm done buying, someone has to tempt me beyond my control. I absolutely swore I was going to kick the habit or die trying. The best part is I met a really nice family and ended up with a fine tractor. Even threw in a set of what appears to be 2 link chains. Say the only reason he quit using it was because a valve was sticking and I think he wanted a new mower. Been setting in his barn for 10 years. Seat is in excellent condition and the bottom cushion has no cracks.

12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Cvans Posted - 07/19/2011 : 20:31:42
I haven't checked on the year but it is a 129. The first two digits indicate the horse power. The 149 and 169 both came with Hydraulic lift but the 129 did not. These were made from 1971 through 1974. Thankfully the parts are interchangeable and I have a donor for the lift. Many think these are the best model cubs. The next models had rubber mounts and shake like crazy. The mounts are also a pain to keep in good shape. They were known as the Quiet Line and the engines were totally enclosed. I was out in the heat briefly today and did notice that the head gasket had been leaking badly. I suspect this is why the engine would loose power when it got warm. I'm not devoted to any one brand but I do have 3 Cubs and some guy wants me to come and get another one. I'd be happy to just end up with one nice working example.

ByronC Posted - 07/19/2011 : 19:42:29
Chris,
Since Phil is not talking to you anymore,I'll talk to ya!!! :)
Can you tell me about what year model the CC is?
B-16_IC Posted - 07/19/2011 : 19:38:39
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

I just got off the phone with a guy who is disabled and has a yard full of stuff that he is looking to get rid of.....He said "bring a big trailer" because there is a lot of stuff here to go.
The best part is it is not far from home and it's off the Hiway so no one can see it. I may have to venture out in the heat Wednesday.

Danger - Danger - Everyone update their anti-virus! The Larry virus is spreading quickly!

Chris, that deal sounds like fun to look at anyway even if you don't take one or four home.
simplelife Posted - 07/19/2011 : 07:44:08
quote:
Originally posted by Cvans

I just got off the phone with a guy who is disabled and has a yard full of stuff that he is looking to get rid of.....He said "bring a big trailer" because there is a lot of stuff here to go.
The best part is it is not far from home and it's off the Hiway so no one can see it. I may have to venture out in the heat Wednesday.

Danger - Danger - Everyone update their anti-virus! The Larry virus is spreading quickly!
Cvans Posted - 07/19/2011 : 00:02:33
I don't even know what to say Phil.
I just got off the phone with a guy who is disabled and has a yard full of stuff that he is looking to get rid of.
He said one tractor is a big Simplicity but that is all he knows and the other is red. Also has a couple of full
sized International diesel tractors with loaders. He said "bring a big trailer" because there is a lot of stuff here to go.
The best part is it is not far from home and it's off the Hiway so no one can see it. I may have to venture out in
the heat Wednesday. I will try and post pictures of what I find there. This sounds like it might be fun.

skunkhome Posted - 07/18/2011 : 22:49:12
chris, we officially, " are not talking."
B-16_IC Posted - 07/18/2011 : 22:26:05
Looks like a nice buy for the price! Very clean.
Cvans Posted - 07/18/2011 : 20:37:42
It's so hot and humid outside that I had to leave the camera outside for awhile before I took pictures. Lenses wouldn't quit fogging up.

Anyway here is the C-note barn find. Probably the nicest C.C. that I
have brought home yet. Hasn't been run in ten years. The seller said
that it would run good for about 10 minutes and then loose power. He thought the valves were sticking. He said in 1992 he put a new short block in it.

After I get it running I plan to add Hydraulic lift from another C.C.

Cvans Posted - 07/17/2011 : 15:18:21
That really was a bad trick. Now we are going to have to wait until I can get pictures AGAIN. I can't believe I did this.
ByronC Posted - 07/17/2011 : 07:35:04
Funny looking Tractor... But it looks darn good for sitting 10 years. What did it eat to stay alive?

B-16_IC Posted - 07/16/2011 : 23:06:27
Chris, you are teasing us!! No pics, no brand, no model! Is it a future home for the Lister?
oldron Posted - 07/16/2011 : 22:45:46
Photos,we want photos!
Ron

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1