Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 5256 / Visits Today: 5059
Highest Active Users: 5256
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Craftsman Sears 6HP Tecumseh

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
sonofjabba Posted - 10/17/2007 : 23:26:38
Here is my tractor in the early summer when I got most of the bugs worked out. It had serious carburetor issues.

Craftsman Model 131.8450 6HP Tecumseh 3 speed Transaxle. I'm 99.99% sure it's a Roper/AYP.

I've had Sears Tractor collectors Stamp their feet and call me a lier about this thing until they seen the pictures. Pictures don't lie!

Blah Blah Blah. That's not a Sears Model Number. Everyone likes to be an expert.

Doesn't it cut nice. The blades still could stand a sharpening. They are a bit beat. I just took the deck off for the first time. and got a close look at them.
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ezra Posted - 08/07/2011 : 20:34:39
nope. opps
ByronC Posted - 08/06/2011 : 12:17:32
EZRA,
Do you not know that your responding to a post from 2007?

Thats 4 years ago!!!! :)
Ezra Posted - 08/05/2011 : 00:20:43
Here is my Sears that i got from the scrap yard. I put a snow plow onto the front and a trailor hitch so i could pull a sand trailor in behind. Im using it to haul my AC around with the deck and tiller behind it.

Here is my tractor in the early summer when I got most of the bugs worked out. It had serious carburetor issues.

Craftsman Model 131.8450 6HP Tecumseh 3 speed Transaxle. I'm 99.99% sure it's a Roper/AYP.

I've had Sears Tractor collectors Stamp their feet and call me a lier about this thing until they seen the pictures. Pictures don't lie!

Blah Blah Blah. That's not a Sears Model Number. Everyone likes to be an expert.

Doesn't it cut nice. The blades still could stand a sharpening. They are a bit beat. I just took the deck off for the first time. and got a close look at them.
[/quote]
Ezra Posted - 08/05/2011 : 00:16:46
I found one at the scrap yard with a 16 Horse briggs 2 cylinder. The only thing wrong with mine was the fuel filter was cracked and the pump wouldn't pick up the fuel. (didn,t find that out till i bought a new carb) oh well all i had to do was remove the front steering shafts and loosen them up and she runs like a dream. I have some pictures posted in another section.
olcowhand Posted - 04/26/2008 : 11:14:08
PJ...I figure you had to remove the welch plugs in the carb to get all the passages cleaned. TEC engine carbs are notorious for being very hard to get cleaned out good.
maxtor Posted - 04/26/2008 : 09:47:48
its a Roper
sonofjabba Posted - 10/21/2007 : 18:26:29
I traded a Clean Craftsman Snowthrower for it. It has had a barrel of money tossed at it in it's long life. Short-Block, Head. I replaced the carburetor with a later model one from a snowblower. It runs a little lean I need a different base mixture plug for it. (Non Adjustable EPA Carbs)

At least it runs with that carburetor the original was junk. And the replacement is like 90 bucks. I was like Screw That! I hosed out one from a junked snowblower and it runs. Which made me happy. I removed the Deck for the winter I need to find a safe place to hide the deck over the winter. It's aluminum and I don't want it walking away.

It isn't as nice as the Simplicity's of the era but it's beefy. I still want a Simplicity Tractor. I have an eye on a AC B-110 or B-112 Sitting out in a local guys yard going to junk. I might have to knock on his door one of these days, and make him an offer he can't refuse. LOL
Alexander Medeiros Posted - 10/21/2007 : 16:30:34
pj i am glad to see that i am not the only one with one of tese. but clearly yours is in much better shape and cleaner
Richard L. Posted - 10/18/2007 : 13:53:46
131 Rally/Roper
143 Tecumseh
There's a list that can be found that lists all Sears suppliers by the first 3 digits in the model #. Yours being 131.XXXXXXX for the tractor and 143.XXXXX for the engine.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1