Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2236 / Visits Today: 2236
Highest Active Users: 2236
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Gravely 812

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Gonzo Posted - 08/13/2010 : 17:50:26
Anyone have these machines? One for sale near me, appears to be a heavy duty beast.

Would appreciate any comments you have about the Gravely line.

Thanks in Advance...Gonzo
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Gonzo Posted - 08/24/2010 : 20:05:22
Simplelife: Thanks I am still orange and cream to the bone. I purchased the Gravely because it was a good solid one owner machine and had been well cared for. We also needed a backup when mower deck work takes one out of the cemetery. Have cut a lot of grass this year. Thanks Again ...Gonzo.
simplelife Posted - 08/24/2010 : 07:43:16
quote:
Originally posted by Gonzo

Ok Guys: Got the Gravely 812 home, any parts yards near you?? Like most old machinery it needs a few parts. Can you guys point me to Garden tractor salvage yards near you. The parts I need are small and could ship easily in a small box. Thanks in Advance...Gonzo

I am usually hesitant to send someone to another site for information, but since this is a Gravely and not a Simp or A/C, there is a great group of Graveely enthusiasts over at http://www.mytractorforum.com/. Just select the Gravely forum and they should be able to help more than most of us, but I know you will still be here for the fun and fellowship the Miachael's has to offer!
Gonzo Posted - 08/24/2010 : 04:03:24
Ok Guys: Got the Gravely 812 home, any parts yards near you?? Like most old machinery it needs a few parts. Can you guys point me to Garden tractor salvage yards near you. The parts I need are small and could ship easily in a small box. Thanks in Advance...Gonzo
ATF Posted - 08/18/2010 : 09:56:22
quote:
Originally posted by oldron

quote:
Originally posted by ATF

quote:

quote:

Ron: Does your 816 have the Briggs or Kohler motor. Great shot of the old Gravely getting it done. Nice shot of the old Gravely workhorse and loader... thanks for the info. Gonzo

It has a 17hp Kohler on it.
Ron

Kohler KT17 series l=Kiss of death, Kohler KT17 series ll=shoot the dice. I would take some money off, and just figure on finding a Kohler M18, or M20 with the oil filter.

Been running good for 3 years now so will fall apart in the next 15 seconds.
Ron

I've seen some that do, not many, I had four in the garage, 2 with less than 500 hours, both had broken rods, but I see people who are still using them, just not many. No denying it was a failed/flawed engine, but a few must have been cared for better. Why is there a KT17 in your 816? was it original? Seems like most brands use the HP in their model designation.
oldron Posted - 08/17/2010 : 20:40:23
quote:
Originally posted by ATF

quote:

quote:

Ron: Does your 816 have the Briggs or Kohler motor. Great shot of the old Gravely getting it done. Nice shot of the old Gravely workhorse and loader... thanks for the info. Gonzo

Ron

Kohler KT17 series l=Kiss of death, Kohler KT17 series ll=shoot the dice. I would take some money off, and just figure on finding a Kohler M18, or M20 with the oil filter.

Been running good for 3 years now so will fall apart in the next 15 seconds.
Ron
Gonzo Posted - 08/16/2010 : 14:50:20
Forgot to mention, this machine is a Gravely 812, uses the same kohler that is in the Allis 712. I like the layout of the two speed transmission and the shuttle. Reminds me of the Allis 615 Industrial, cept for the fact that the shuttle is on the right side on the Gravely.

ATF Posted - 08/16/2010 : 00:29:10
quote:

quote:

Ron

Gonzo Posted - 08/15/2010 : 14:50:43
OK guys, looked it over this morning, nice machine, will be bringing it home in a couple of days.
oldron Posted - 08/14/2010 : 08:54:09
quote:

Ron
Gonzo Posted - 08/14/2010 : 05:44:47

oldron Posted - 08/13/2010 : 22:10:32
I have a 816 and it is a heavy beast,has a fel and I get a lot of work out it.Gave a grand for it with the loader.

Ron
Gonzo Posted - 08/13/2010 : 19:04:52
Daniel: Jeepers thanks for the quick reply. This machine does not have the hydro lift unit on it to lift the mower deck. But everything else is all original and straight. Despite that it is an original owner machine. Comes with orginal manuals and sales literature and bill of sale. Date stamp is 1974. Would guess there to be more of these machines down in North Carolina or the south.

Deck needs a steel patch which I can easily weld. I wish I knew how much these machines went for new. Engine runs real nice and the transmission works great. Asking price is $500.

In close, hope you are doing well! Gonzo
olcowhand Posted - 08/13/2010 : 18:38:03
I know a few with them & they all love them. I've never heard anything but good about them. TOUGH tractors and they use one of the same basic trannies as one of their walk behinds. Little changed in the trannies over the years, and why would you change a bullet proof design. Plenty of weight over the wheels with the engine back there, but makes for easy wheelies sometimes too!

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1