Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 3628 / Visits Today: 3431
Highest Active Users: 3628
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Need advise.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skunkhome Posted - 11/07/2009 : 10:37:13
I went out this morning to start dragging out my tractors to do some much needed lawn care and I can't get my Kubota started. I really don't think the glow plugs are working. The Previous owner "tightened up" the ignition switch because it was loose and apparently screwed it up as the shut off solenoid stopped working and the gauges and lights don't work reliably but will work if you jiggle the key. The tractor started in warm weather which made me think the glow plugs were working but now it is dead in the water with a dead battery and the dang thing is blocking my access to Sweet Allis and the rest of the things I need to pull out today. I have it on the charger but am just hoping it will warm up enough to allow starting. The problem is that the blasted thing has no way to allow the transmission to freewheel. How stupid of me to park it behind the rest of my stuff but shame on Kubota for creating this piece of junk. I am trying to sell this thing but have a hard time talking it up because I hate it so much. I had stars in my eyes when I bought it but now it looks like I am going to get soaked. what can I do to ease the starting so that I can get this worthless piece of **** (junk) moved out of my way.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ezra Posted - 08/05/2011 : 00:38:17
On those glow plugs all you need to do is follow the wiring back to where the salonoid is and find the wire that would go to the ignition. set it ip on a switch and only use it for 10 seconds. this makes it so that your not putting full current through a toggel and still uses the standurd solinoid (i hope you can understand what i mean.can't spell worth a darn) and still be able to use the glow plugs. you kinda bypass the ignition
skunkhome Posted - 11/07/2009 : 22:51:51
Thanks, Roy, I thought of that but have always been afraid to do so. Something I thought of was putting a hair drier in the intake tube to put "hot" air into the manifold much like a manifold heater. I figured if I could raise the intake charge to 90+ degree it aught to start. I managed to get started after jacking up the rear with a floor Jack and using prybar to move it out of my shed. After charging the battery and allowing it to sit in the sun it cranked up immediately .

I'll get some starter fluid have for future use.
Roy Posted - 11/07/2009 : 14:14:33
Phil,

Give it a light sniff of ether (starting fluid) through the air cleaner while cranking it. Too much ether is bad for the engine but a "light sniff" should light it off without hurting it. Learned this from a diesel mechanic friend of mine.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1