Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 840 / Visits Today: 840
Highest Active Users: 840
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Old sears

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
joe fess Posted - 10/16/2009 : 17:17:50
GUYS I have to be honest. I enjoy restoring old Simplicity,Allis tractors but my true workhorse of 30 plus years is a Murray built Sears. It has never let me down and now my son has a 80s model we redid for him to work. If only they built them like they used to!

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
joe fess Posted - 06/18/2010 : 18:01:28
Had a Briggs 8 ,came across Tecumseh 10 for a good price,should go another 20 years.
Simplicity_728 Posted - 06/17/2010 : 19:03:34
That would be a Peerless 2300 which is the same as the John Deeres had. That model is called the "Silver series" economy model. Lot of impliments for them.
Is this one an 8hp or 10hp model?
B-16_IC Posted - 10/16/2009 : 20:18:32
Yep, even Murry made some good ones at one time! A friend of mine's got one of those that is Murry, not Sears badged, it has the electric three point hitch. Very heavy machine, like you said, if only!
joe fess Posted - 10/16/2009 : 19:53:31
Has a 4 speed cast iron transaxle and right angle gear box like Allis, all original.Replaced tires,seat and engine once in 33 years.It had to work year round but now I set up its plow to fit Allis or Homelite.(let them earn their place in the shed)nice talking.
olcowhand Posted - 10/16/2009 : 18:56:08
Looks to have 5 bolt rear rims. Must have a heavy duty transaxle to last that long.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1