Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 2949 / Visits Today: 2949
Highest Active Users: 2949
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 spoiled by simplicity

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
skunkhome Posted - 09/24/2009 : 21:55:26
There is a little grass covered mound in my back yard that I have not scalped since the last time I mowed with a Kubota. Well I finally got the front axle on my Kubota G1800 loosened up a tiny bit and decided to try it mowing. What a mistake. I only made two cycles around the yard and once again I have a bald spot about 8 inches in diameter.

I immediately put the Kubota away and got out Sweet Allis to do the rest of the yard. She did a great job as usual.

I thought all my scalping problems with my old G5200 were due to it having a shop built deck but this factory deck cuts no better. I really don't see how the Kubota could possibly mow without scalping the high spots. There is just no support for the front of the deck.

To me the Simplicity deck is so logical. Let the mower follow the front wheels...makes sense to me.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 09/27/2009 : 19:43:13
I have made a lot of progress with help from some nice folks over at MyTractorForum.com and tried my newly adjusted mower out today . It did ok on my Bermuda/Centipede/weed mix but cut way too close on my neighbor's plush St Augustine even when set on the highest setting the wheels sink down too much in the sod and the thick sod across the front of by property. Hope my neighbor does not bar me from further mowing of her lawn. I will have to promise her that I will only use the Allis Chalmers in the future.
jimmyj Posted - 09/27/2009 : 09:18:59
Agree for sure. I have never mowed with anything as good as lovely Allis..
B-16_IC Posted - 09/24/2009 : 23:32:01
I was thinking about the idiocracy of most deck attachment systems used compared to the Simplicity method just a few days ago. None of them make much sense to me after seeing the light! I really don't want to mow any other way, except maybe a reel type.

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.02 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1