Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) Active Users: 4439 / Visits Today: 1948
Highest Active Users: 4439
Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors)
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Other Tractors, Attachments and other projects
 Other Garden Tractors
 Ugly

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Click here to attach a photo to your post

T O P I C    R E V I E W
oldron Posted - 09/23/2008 : 22:55:53
I brought home the Ridemaster today,told the wife to come see ,it is cute.She took one look and said its ugly and went back to the house.I guess I am wrong again.

Ron
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
skunkhome Posted - 09/26/2008 : 23:01:13
I like that label, oldron, I think I would like one of those to put on my tractors.
B112 Posted - 09/26/2008 : 21:04:12
That's a good one Ron. I agree with our hobby as a labor of love.
oldron Posted - 09/26/2008 : 20:21:30
Found a label for the Ridemaster.
Ron.

skunkhome Posted - 09/24/2008 : 22:45:16
quote:
Originally posted by simplelife

Back when these were created, most riders, garden tractors, power unites were more a matter of function over style and were not likely passed by a design review team.

Mike, I agree with the statement of form following function but what could possibly be the purpose of creating an articulating narrow set front wheel drive? (maybe just artistic expression) Why not just set the wheels wide, build a solid tubular frame with center mounted tool bar, turn the driver around to face the opposite way and hook the steering wheel to a conventional steering sector and steering linkage. Oh! how silly of me... I just described the Allis Chalmers Model G, built from 1947 to 1955. It was a strange looking tractor but it was quite conventional despite its wide open frame and rear engine design.
The Ridemaster is still truly bizarre even for the time when it was built (late 40's and early 50's.)

oldron Posted - 09/24/2008 : 22:29:44
Michael it is a labor of love.
Ron
B112 Posted - 09/24/2008 : 18:16:56
Yes, Ron thanks! That green one shows what it was, otherwise looks like work to me.
kma4444 Posted - 09/24/2008 : 15:40:51
That is a frightening looking animal. I wondered how it did any work, thanks for the description Ron.
oldron Posted - 09/24/2008 : 11:41:11
The attachments disk,cultivator and blade clamp to the 3in sq tube in the middle of it.It is a tippy machine so they fill the rear tires.
Ron
simplelife Posted - 09/24/2008 : 07:35:42
It looks like Ron's has the optional drawbar on it. That has to be some tongue on whatever you want to hitch to it.

Looks like a great candidate for some quality manshop time and should prove to be a fun ride. Back when these were created, most riders, garden tractors, power unites were more a matter of function over style and were not likely passed by a design review team. Someone probably built the first one (prototype in his garage or barn using whatever he had available ( possibly after consuming some moonshine ) and that is what they presented to Bolens. Bolens probably just took it and ran with it without passing by the styling committee or focus groups. Hmmm it's no wonder they got things done and developed a new industry segment back then.
skunkhome Posted - 09/23/2008 : 23:41:54
Ron, that's a factory built rig? Looks like a sure fired product, liability lawsuit to me. I agree it is UUUUUUUgly!!! in a cute sort of way. I looked it up and sure enough its a Bolens. Sure looks like something cobbled together in a junk yard.

I really don't understand the concept... Strange way to build a machine but Why?
B112 Posted - 09/23/2008 : 23:19:58
Ron, you really didn't think you'd win that one with the wife... did you. lol lol

Michael's Tractors (Simplicity and Allis Chalmers Garden Tractors) © Michael's Tractors 2006-2019 Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
RSS Feed 1